Author Topic: Baptism Caio Area Carmarthen - William Daniel Jones  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Familysearcher123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptism Caio Area Carmarthen - William Daniel Jones
« on: Tuesday 16 July 13 12:04 BST (UK) »
Good Afternoon,

I am hoping a kind person can help me, I am looking for the parents name of a William Daniel Jones.

A family bible shows his details as:-

Date of birth as 7 Oct 1859 (census show place of birth as Caio Carmarthen Wales)

Marriage 15 Mar 1890 at The Registery office, Swansea, Glamorgan Wales to Elizabeth Jane Jones (As maiden name)

I am fairly sure Elizabeth father is Thomas Jones born ABT 1839 Carmarthen.

I am trying to avoid sending for the marriage certificate & was hoping someone would help me by looking to see whether there is a baptism record for William.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards

Louise

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism Caio Area Carmarthen - William Daniel Jones
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi
Can't find a baptism.
An on-line tree at Ancestry has same birth date and the son of Thomas Jones 1842-87 and Elizabeth Dodd 1837-80 but they didn't marry until 25.12.1862.
So???
Ciderdrinker

Offline Familysearcher123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism Caio Area Carmarthen - William Daniel Jones
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 13:35 BST (UK) »
Ciderdrinker,

Thank you for reply.

I also have seen the online Ancestry tree quoting Thomas Jones & Elizabeth Dodd as William Daniel Jones parents.

However I am fairly sure that these details have been attributed to the wrong party his wife Elizabeth Jane Jines - confusion being two Jones marrying each other !

I think I worked this out as on the 1871 census Thomas Jones is detailed as Son-in-law, his wife Elizabeth Jones as daughter & Elizabeth J Jones aged 3 as Granddaughter to WILLIAM DODD  - Yep I think that works out correctly!

I think I will have to bite the bullet & order the marriage certificate, it will be the only proper way of confirming both fathers names.

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Louise