Author Topic: Burnmouth of Gollachy  (Read 19449 times)

Offline Dufferoonie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burnmouth of Gollachy
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
My connection to this thread is through a Marjory Munro born 1728. I am hoping that I can connect her to this family.
Marjory married a James Symon 1753. Daughter Mary married  Garden from Rannachie.
Can you link to Marjory?
Look forward to any comments

Susan

Offline extattiehowker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrew Walker

Good to contact you. Elsie Ann Munro was my great aunt who married Donald McRae a fireman on the railways in Scotland until he married Elsie in June 1895 and emigrated to S Africa to be a locomotive engine driver out there. I have a pic of Elsie and her 4 other sisters, one being my gran.  You will find that you have another relative Penny from S Africa on here doing research and she is even closer to your line than me. Are you related to Campbell McRae the son of Donald and Elsie? If so I have a pic of Campbell too for you.
cheers

Jim
Wilson,Wood,Davidson,Lawrence,Mckay.Cardno Stewart,Munro,Christie,Grant,Laurance,Dingwall,Gibb,McLeod,McRae

Offline Kewakefield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 08 January 14 00:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrew,

I'm another descendant of the George Munro clan. My grandfather, John Munro (1875), was Elsie's sister. John immigrated to Canada and later to the U.S.

I think we have counted 13 kids for George and Ann Lawrence so there are a lot of us out there.

Karen Wakefield

Offline Kewakefield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 08 January 14 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Correction on previous post (which I just reread). Should read my grandfather John Munro was Elsie's "brother".

Karen