Author Topic: KIDD and McRITCHIE families Dundee  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Ferryman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Great-grandpa John 1836-1900
    • View Profile
KIDD and McRITCHIE families Dundee
« on: Friday 27 April 12 18:09 BST (UK) »
Our family history which began in North Queensferry is nearing completion (after six yrs!). We would be very grateful for any info on Walter McRitchie of Dundee and his daughter Helen McRitchie who we believe married a Derek Kidd in Dundee East in 1967.

Helen was the daughter of Walter Lewis McRitchie who in 1946 married Alice Third, then 36 years old, in her home parish of St. Clement, Dundee East. They had three children, Helen (b. 1946), Anne (b. 1948) and William (b.1950, d. 1951). Walter worked as a car salesman. We think Anne and William died young, but we think that Helen married. We have tried ringing all the Kidds in Dundee and placed an ad in the local paper without success.

On retirement Walter and Alice returned to Barry Road, Carnoustie where he had been raised. Alice died in 1980 and Walter died at the age of 83. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: KIDD and McRITCHIE families Dundee
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 April 12 10:14 BST (UK) »
Our family history .....  is nearing completion (after six yrs!)

I suppose it depends on your definition of 'complete'.

I've been researching mine since 1984 and it will never be 'complete' because I know that I will never find all the descendants of all my direct ancestors (even the ones I know about ;)). Every answer raises at least two new questions, and there are always people who disappear from the records and you have no idea what happened to them. I added two new branches last month, and another huge family with many branches this month. So far this branch contains 417 descendants of a sister of my 4th great grandfather - and I am still finding more almost daily.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 April 12 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi ,

Have you checked 192.com ?
I'll PM you with a possible lead

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline GHMilne

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 November 13 03:41 GMT (UK) »
Our family history which began in North Queensferry is nearing completion (after six yrs!). We would be very grateful for any info on Walter McRitchie of Dundee and his daughter Helen McRitchie who we believe married a Derek Kidd in Dundee East in 1967.

Helen was the daughter of Walter Lewis McRitchie who in 1946 married Alice Third, then 36 years old, in her home parish of St. Clement, Dundee East. They had three children, Helen (b. 1946), Anne (b. 1948) and William (b.1950, d. 1951). Walter worked as a car salesman. We think Anne and William died young, but we think that Helen married. We have tried ringing all the Kidds in Dundee and placed an ad in the local paper without success.

On retirement Walter and Alice returned to Barry Road, Carnoustie where he had been raised. Alice died in 1980 and Walter died at the age of 83. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Dear Ferryman,

I realise this post was last year and perhaps you have your answer.

However, Derek and Helen Kidd (McRitchie) that you are searching for are in fact my Uncle and Aunt. You are correct about their marriage but I fear you may have the wrong Helen McRitchie as the family you mention for her do not ring any bells with me. She has I'm fact three sisters.

Regards,