Author Topic: Lines or Lynes Family  (Read 18432 times)

Offline Tomscot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lines or Lynes Family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 20:13 GMT (UK) »
 Hi,
     The Lines family starts in my tree with my grt/grandmother Ann Elizabeth Lines she was born in Daventry Northamptonshire,19/04/1858,and goes back to Henry Lines b1615 in Chipping Warden d 1676 in Chipping Warden.
     I do not have a Augustine or Austin in my Records,but I do have an Abraham Lines b 03/05/1829 in Newham N'hants, he was my grt/grt/grandfather is that of any help?If I can be of any further help please let me know.

Regards
                                                                               Tomscot  ;)
Sussex,Prodger,Goldsmith,Woods,Roberts, Pankhurst, Green,Souton,Lamper,Lower,Reeds,Turner,Hover,Bennet,Elliard,Peyt,Potter,West,Jeffrey, English,Seal, Clark,Hill,Salter, Carpenter,Blackman,Ince,Booker,Lacy,Acton,Marten,Cressey,Driver,Sowter,Young,Mitchell. Northumberland,Richardson. Northamptonshire, Lines,Pittom,Ward,Hall.Norfolk,Lake,Barnard,Spinks,Stephens,Griston,Gooch, Olley Holman.London Lake.Somerset, Rendell.Scotland, Muir, Clark,Aitken,

Offline nzcaptain

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Tomscot.

My Lines family were in Maidford, Northants, from 1789. A Benjamin born c 1766 from age at time of death. I could never linked him into the Chipping Warden Lines but I now think I can via a Benjamin  birth in a village in Oxford. His father is recorded as Austin and Augustine. This name was common in my branch.
There are lots of postings on various websites re this Lines family in Chipping Warden but all with variations. One has your Henry with a son called Joseph (brother of  an Ann) who has Augustine as descendants for at least two generations. One of Jospeh's sons, an Edward is shown also with a son Augustine as well. This one is in the right age bracket.

Were you ever able to identify your Henry's father.? Did your Ann marry a William Rayton?

Lines in Maidford & Chipping Warden, Northants.
Lines in Banbury area Oxfordshire
Lines in New Zealand

Offline Wmouse

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 April 09 05:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have some questions regarding the Lines family of Chipping Warden, specifically William Lines born about 1840. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy
Padbury, Buckinghamshire - Biddlecombe, Bull
Romsey, Hampshire - Biddlecombe
Bugbrooke, Northamptonshire - Gardner, Wright,
Northampton - Edmonds

Offline Karamu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 April 09 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi and good morning from Auckland, New zealand.

I have a William Owen Lines born circa 1843, son of William Lines 1819 and Elizabeth Gubbins 1821.

Two brothers, Frederick 1841 and Albert 1845, and a sister Mary 1848.

Regards,

Grahame

Offline pinbarr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 November 11 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone out there help please?

I am looking for a birth record for Eli Henry Lines born Chipping Warden 1835, his father was John Lines, mother probably Mary Gubbins.

Thanks

Offline mgeneas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 November 11 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Eli son of John and Mary LINES of Chipping Warden was born 18th Sep 1835.
His baptism was not entered in the register though a note was added at the bottom of the page about his birth and that he had been baptised but not entered.
This may have been added several months or years later.

Offline pinbarr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 11:00 GMT (UK) »

Thanks very much this is a great help and saved a long journey!!

Offline Tomscot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 28 November 11 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi I hope this of help to the Lines family. The marriage of William Owen Lines
    Place, Northhamptonshire Church Holy Cross, Byfield Date, 26/02/1878 age 33. Brides name, Elizabeth Sarah Kerrod age 22. Grooms Father William Lines
 Brides Father William Kerrod.
      I am still researching the Lines family,but I have not been keeping well of late so I have had to cut buck on my hobbie, but thing are getting better.

Kind regards,
                                                                     Tomscot

Sussex,Prodger,Goldsmith,Woods,Roberts, Pankhurst, Green,Souton,Lamper,Lower,Reeds,Turner,Hover,Bennet,Elliard,Peyt,Potter,West,Jeffrey, English,Seal, Clark,Hill,Salter, Carpenter,Blackman,Ince,Booker,Lacy,Acton,Marten,Cressey,Driver,Sowter,Young,Mitchell. Northumberland,Richardson. Northamptonshire, Lines,Pittom,Ward,Hall.Norfolk,Lake,Barnard,Spinks,Stephens,Griston,Gooch, Olley Holman.London Lake.Somerset, Rendell.Scotland, Muir, Clark,Aitken,

Offline Tomscot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 01 January 12 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi
   I hope this of help to you all.
   Mary Lines Married James Mould on the 28 Dec 1704 in All Saints, Middleton- Chaney Northhamptonshire.
   James Lines b 14 May 1759 in Chipping Warden Northhants,he was one of 11 children born to William Lines and Jane Ward.Wlliam Lines was my Grtx5 Grandfather he was born 06/11/1726 in Chipping Warden, he married Jane Ward on the 14/06/1747 in Eydon N/Hants.They had 11 Children,William died on the 05/12/1807 in Chipping Warden. Jane died on the 30/03/1804 also in Chipping Warden.This information came from a Family Tree of the Lines/Lynes, of Northhants.
                                        Kind Regards.
                                                             Tomscot. :)