Author Topic: Looking for descendents of Robert Galloway and Maggie Muir from Ayrshire  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Ixtila

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me. I am looking for my Grandmother's family. Her parents were Robert Galloway and Maggie Muir of Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland. My grandmother was Diana Galloway, born in 1912. I know she had at least two sisters, but I don't know their names. I know there were children of her siblings. I realise these records are subject to privacy laws and I don't want to upset any living relatives, but I need the information for my family tree. I would love to be contacted privately by any living relatives. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for descendents of Robert Galloway and Maggie Muir from Ayrshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 July 14 14:19 BST (UK) »
Good Afternoon
Welcome to Rootschat
Not related myself but there is a tree on Ancestry for the couple.
You could try contacting the owner.
Ciderdrinker

Offline Ixtila

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 August 14 04:28 BST (UK) »
Haha. How ironic that you should mention her. She's a lovely lady, I know her particularly well... ;)

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 August 14 07:35 BST (UK) »
If you haven't already done so, a good way to make surname connections with other members is to enter your surname interests in the Surname Interests Table (SIT), and to check there whether others are researching these names. 

This can be found at http://surname.rootschat.com/ , there is a link to it under "Your Tools" at the bottom of each Rootschat page.

The more people who enter their surnames, the more chance there will be of making a connection!

In the meantime, I will move this thread to the Ayrshire board for local help.
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk