Author Topic: Maxwell family  (Read 11638 times)

Offline mekennedy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maxwell family
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 17 September 13 03:40 BST (UK) »
(*) , William Maxwell's daughter.  ( His sister was Barbara).  I live in Vancouver.   My father was very fond of his nephew Jimmie.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Chrisvp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 17 September 13 03:47 BST (UK) »
Ok, (*) knows you now, her sisters (*) live in the Lower mainland, Surrey, Maple ridge. I am still looking for info on George and will let you know if I find any thing. There is quite abit  of info. On familysearch.org about the Maxwell family and of course on this forum.
Regards,
Chris

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
MacIntosh
MacKenzie
MacDonald
Murray
Simmons/Simmonds
Pincott

Offline mekennedy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 17 September 13 04:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris:   Thanks for the info.....I am trying to join the dots..  Barbara had a large family and I have only heard of them through stories my father would tell.  Was it one of Margot's sisters who had triplets?    I remember my dad telling me that they were born in maple ridge.   

M.

Offline Chrisvp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 17 September 13 04:33 BST (UK) »
Yes, those are (*)

Although (*) is the youngest she certainly knows the her family history, if you have any questions for her let me know.

(*) Moderator Comment:
MacIntosh
MacKenzie
MacDonald
Murray
Simmons/Simmonds
Pincott

Offline mekennedy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 17 September 13 05:21 BST (UK) »
Wow! Tell (*)  thank you very much.   (I have a lovely photo of the triplets as babies.)

My dad passed away in 1995 and I am working on trying to fit the pieces together of his family.

I will take your suggestion and try family search as a starter. 

Thanks much.
M.

(*) Moderator Comment:

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 17 September 13 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Chrisvp and mekennedy,

I am glad that you have managed to find each other, and are so excited with this, but you are quoting living persons name's and these could be used by others in identity and other internet scams, please use the Personal Message (PM) system. Under the other person's name, is a small icon that looks like a "letter" with 3 lines on it. Clicking on that allows you to PM that person, hope this helps, and you continue your joint research.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 06 October 13 10:05 BST (UK) »
I try to use pay sites to the minimum, I have wasted some money on following false leads.
I will use it as a last resort if I have to.

In the case of Scotland's People, it should be almost your first port of call, because it is the only place where you get orginal birth, marriage, and death information, and census records. Even if you get information from another sourse, you still need to check it against the original to make sure it is correct.

The 1871 census will tell you where they were both born, and the marriage certificate will tell you the names of both sets of parents. These two bits of information will cost you 12 credits on SP, which amounts to just under £2.80, which is less than the cost of one pint of some brands of beer; and anyone else kind enough to look them up for you will have to pay exactly the same.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.