Author Topic: Zachariah Hollier b. abt.1793  (Read 1953 times)

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Zachariah Hollier b. abt.1793
« on: Saturday 14 June 14 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hello All

I have Zachariah Hollier b.abt. 1793 and married to Elizabeth Heritage 4 Sep 1817 Ettington.

I think he is from one of the Deddington Holliers but hopefully someone can put me right.  I believe Harriet Hollier is his daughter, born about 1821, but I cannot find a birth for her.  Any help would be really appreciated.
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Zachariah Hollier b. abt.1793
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 June 14 17:05 BST (UK) »
Here are the baptisms on familysearch for their children.

https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Ahollier~%20%2Bbirth_year%3A1815-1830~%20%2Bfather_givenname%3Azachariah~%20%2Bmother_givenname%3Aelizabeth~%20%2Bmother_surname%3Aheritage~

If they had a Harriet around 1821 then it looks as if the only possible time would be in 1822 between Mary and Susanna.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 June 14 18:19 BST (UK) »
um. can see him in 1841 census married to Elizabeth and it appears he died later in 1841. his will is not proven until 1858 and interestingly appears to leave hi s estate to sarah his widow?

"letter of administration ( with will annexed) of the personal effects of zacchariah Hollier , late of Hampton in the parish of Doddington Oxford,  yeoman deceased who died 07 april 1841 at Hampton aforesaid  were granted at Oxford to sarah Hollier of Hampton, aforesaid widow the relict and the universal legatee for life named in the said will, having been first sworn."

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 June 14 18:22 BST (UK) »
on the 1841 they have  harriett powell living with them - harriett hollier marries Thomas powell in Banbury  in 1840

but in 1861 she has her mother Elizabeth living with them.

so who was Sarrah?

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 June 14 23:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Vronlady

Thank you for replying.  The Zachariah who died in 1841 is a different person from mine.  Mine died in 1851 and I have just found him on the 1851 census.  His Christian name was a bit of a spelling mess, but he is on the same census page as his daughter Hannah Powell.  Zachariah's birth place is Stretton on Fosse Gloucestershire and I have found his christening for 10 July 1794, parents, Benjamin and Mary Hollier.
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 June 14 09:45 BST (UK) »
 ??? how did I miss that when I spotted the Daniel powell further down the page ( see your other post re henry Thomas powell) from Hannah in 1851 and zacchariah is right above them