Author Topic: Monmouthshire PR Transcripts  (Read 3756 times)

Offline RayDen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Monmouthshire PR Transcripts
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 August 14 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Fred

Will certainly have another look at all when I next visit. 

How certain are you that Edith & Annie (Elizabeth) did die?  I say this because if John & Mary were migrant workers perhaps they left Edith & Annie (Elizabeth) with family?

There is a Edith M Morgan (born 1899) and a Annie Morgan (1901) as nieces to a Mary Ann Lewis (1848) in Bargoed on the 1911 census.  I can't identify where the children were born, the original shows "Coedfaide, Monmouthshire, Wales", which is just nonsense but two children of the right name and age seem's "unusual"?  Also the 1911 census does not show the children has having died!

Ray
Denham [Hertford & London], Carter [Somerset], Francis, Badger [Pembroke, Glamorgan]

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 August 14 20:38 BST (UK) »
The original transcripts were a marvelous source for Monmouthshire. I won't say why they are gone, but it's possible that they will be recovered. If so, they will be found on the Monmouthshire FH Site on Yahoo. 
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline woofas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray

On reflection, you are right.  Edith & Annie did not die & your discovery of them living with Mary Ann Lewis looks right.  The burial of Edith at Trelleck is definitely wrong.  I am working on the relationship between Mary Lewis & the Morgan family but I think it is going to prove quite tenuous.

Fred
Sandell (London), Gibson (Northants), Webb (Hants), Morgan (Mons), Taylor, Lorberg & King (all London) Piles (Kent) Hope & Beech (Herefd)

Offline RayDen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 20:53 BST (UK) »
Fred

I went in to Bargoed library today to see if they kept any school records to see if I could get any confirmation of the parents.  Unfortunately all the records are kept at the archives in Cardiff.   I do go down occasionally and I will note it for my next visit but that will probably not for at least a month or two.  Had a quick look to see if there were any obvious marriages for the children but nothing obvious.

I had a quick look at Johns parents , Phillip & Mary Ann I believe but as you say it will be a bit of a slog to find the Lewis connection.

Ray
Denham [Hertford & London], Carter [Somerset], Francis, Badger [Pembroke, Glamorgan]