Author Topic: Sydney James Redburn, Kentucky, 1920-1945  (Read 9586 times)

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: Sydney James Redburn, Kentucky, 1920-1945
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 July 10 07:21 BST (UK) »

Well the family ( or families ) that I am encountering in the records I am searching seemed to come and go between Britain and Canada a bit.  Albert had two daughters Edna and Constance both born Canada.  Think that he could well have been Sydney's Uncle... does that sound right to you??

Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hemingbrough Historian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 July 10 07:32 BST (UK) »
How the world changes overnight! This is great.  It's all beginning to make sense now as there were too many gaps in what we knew.  I shall start digging here now.

H.H. 
Atkin and Jarvis of Spalding, Lincolnshire; Markham of East Yorkshire

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 July 10 07:34 BST (UK) »

Just yell if there is anything more that I might be able to help you with.  I have been enjoying this hunt and would love to know how it all ends up.. ;D

Good Luck

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 July 10 07:55 BST (UK) »
Will yell if I need help.  I will be sure to tell you how it develops.  Am looking up the Redburns on Ancestry UK now.  My wife will be amazed when she eventually wakes up this fine Saturday morning. It's not yet eight o clock so I guess that's ok.
H.H.

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 July 10 08:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Karenlee

http://www.ww2-airborne.us/units/504/504_trp.html

There is a good picture of Sydney at the above link  (tenth row), so you can put a face to a name.

H.H.

Offline jhutchison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 03 December 11 07:12 GMT (UK) »
My sister and I are a couple of the many great-grand children of Sydney, she and I have been trying to find out our great grand-father's family tree since forever (year 2000 for me). Only thing I've been able to find about him is his military. Once my Grand-mother (his daughter) showed me his Purple Heart and a few other things. I would love to know more and if u have pictures would love to see them and show my grandmother. I would love to know more of the family tree as well so my children would know about their family history when they are older. Thank You.

J.H.

Offline jhutchison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 04 December 11 15:12 GMT (UK) »
I would be most grateful if anyone can identify my relative Sydney James Redburn before he joined the US Army in Indiana in 1941, please.

Sydney lived in Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky before enklisting and was killed in Belgium on 1 May 1945. 

His mother Mary had moved from Canada to USA when he was young and she had originally lived in England. I think Sydney was born shorthly after Mary arrived in Canada, but don't know if she married before or after she moved from Canada to USA.

Thank you

Gym Junky 

I was told by my grandmother he died Feb. 1, 1945

Offline gator81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am Sydney's Grandson. This was brought to my attention by my mother that had just heard the other day that she has a half sister. Evelyn who was married to Sydney had two daughters Marthleen and Rodney. Not real long ago Rodney had passed on. Marthleen (my mom) is intrested in finding out about her half sister. If anyone would know how to pass info to them or you could post something here to let me know. Mom is in her 70's now and would really like to hear more about her father and half sister :).
If i can ever get her on a computer she would probally love to read more about her dad. Thank you for any help.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 26 September 14 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Gator81

Seems to me like Hemingbrough Historian could be  the direct link to information of  your Mother's half-sister....and much may have transpired since 2010 when the OP last replied to this topic.

Click the Reply button below, to reply  on this topic, and that will be your 3rd public Posting - which then means you can use the Private Message system to contact Hemingbrough Historian (who is still active on RC).

Best of luck in your searching!

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)