Author Topic: 1881/1891 England Census Lookup Please MATHEWS  (Read 3984 times)

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: 1881/1891 England Census Lookup Please MATHEWS
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 04:59 BST (UK) »
Sorry Heywood, I don't seem to have replied to your last post, even though I remember reading it!
I have just been browsing through my old posts to try and get back to where I was!  Hehe, that's a bit Irish isn't it?  Well I'm allowed, after all I have a some Irish ancestors!  :)

Thank you for your work
Much appreciated
Jeanne
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 06:43 BST (UK) »
Hello again,

Looking at 1871 again, the birthplaces on the census sheet are all struck through when someone was checking presumably.
I can see it definitely says 'Ireland' for John G but it also looks like 'Newark' which is Nottinghamshire.  ???

Do you have these baptisms- I've not read over any other threads so you may already have them!

Hounslow Heath
Jan 17 1847. Henry Maxwell David - parents John Gibbons and Mary jane Mathews Serj. 12th Lancers Hounslow Barracks

May 18 1848 Mary Grace Matthews as above

Haggerston St Mary
March 13 1853

Bessy Sarah Matthews parents John Gibbons and Mary Jane Matthews Accountant, Cumberland Place

Manchester (Cathedral)

5 Sep 1850
John Richard Alexander Mathews. John Gibbons and Mary Jane. Agent

Regards
Heywood

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 07:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks Heywood. Yes, that original one I had was pretty iffy, but I have just recently picked up in another entry that states - Nationality Ireland, place of birth Newry - very clearly.

And with the other births you found, I did have Henry Maxwell David Mathews but not Mary Grace or Bessie Sarah, so thanks heaps for those.

I love to get addresses, it's always interesting to type an address into Google and see what comes up! Try Cumberland Place!  A huge contrast to the homes of my maternal great grandparents in the Miners Rows of Connel Park in New Cumnock!

When I was in UK about 10 yrs ago,  I was all around taking photos of churches where my ancestors married, and the few addresses that I had gathered from census info.  Fantastic to have them.  Now I go visit google when I get a new one.  Like to add these photos to my tree!  Love to give the facts some life!!

Thanks again Heywood for all your help. Very much appreciated. You guys and gals are something else!!

Jeanne :) :)

"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 07:23 BST (UK) »
Oops, sorry, I do have Mary Grace. Ta  :)

Jeanne

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections