Author Topic: George Dosson  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Dosson
« on: Sunday 10 August 14 19:10 BST (UK) »
I have just been looking through the death duty registers and have come across an entry in 1827 for a George Dosson (often picked up as Dofson) whose executors were in Beckington, Somerset.
This is a bit of a mystery to me as I'm not aware of a George Dosson on my tree who died in 1827 and wondered if anybody could help with a burial entry or age?

Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks.  :D

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: George Dosson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 August 14 23:04 BST (UK) »
Does the entry confirm that George died in Somerset or just that his executors lived there?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 August 14 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole.

The entry only states where the executors lived, so I have no idea where George actually died.

I think I'll probably have to wait until the NBI is complete to find where he was buried, although when that will be is another matter!   ::)

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 August 14 14:07 BST (UK) »
There is a George Dosson coming up on searches who was in Bridgewater, Somerset. A baptism for George Dusson at St Mary, Bridgewater 11/12/1779., son of George and Mary Dusson. George Dofson (Dosson) also appears in Bridgewater in the UK Land Tax Redemption 1798. He is shown at Eastover and the Franchises.

A George Dosson married Elizabeth Durston at St George, Wilton, Somerset on 22 May 1788.

There is a death for George Dosson in Bridgewater in 1862. The Probate shows he was of the parish of St Giles, Cripplegate, London, who died at Bridgewater in 1862.

Jo

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 August 14 18:04 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for taking the time to post a reply Jo.

I am already aware of "other" George Dosson's, it's just that they're already accounted for and this 1827 death is a bit of a mystery!

:)