Author Topic: Holy Trinity Orton Longueville Huntingdon  (Read 3070 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Holy Trinity Orton Longueville Huntingdon
« on: Monday 05 May 14 14:29 BST (UK) »
This request is on the off chance that someone has access to parish records for the above church

I am looking for possibly the baptism/parents/siblings and date of wedding of Mary Smart  she married Charles Gossford of Cherry Orton, (he was baptised 4 Oct 1767 in Cherry Orton, buried in 22 Mar 1842 Orton Waterville), they married in 1796 Holy Trinity Orton Longueville Huntingdon

Their children were baptised from 1797-1809 in Cherry Orton, Huntingdonshire
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Trinity Orton Longueville Huntingdon
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 May 14 18:25 BST (UK) »
Sorry I can't help directly, but in case no one else can, as the marriage was by licence,
http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/directory_record/4160/marriage_licences
you will be able to get a copy of the allegation and bond from Cambridgeshire Archives. Marriage licences were typically obtained within a few days of the marriage, or even on the same day, so you would then be able to pinpoint the date with enough accuracy to order a copy of the register from the Archives.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 May 14 18:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline clare sharp 14

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 May 14 00:06 BST (UK) »
hi i live nearby and could go to the church if you want any info. i was baptised there and married there and my kids were baptised there so know it well. just let me know

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 May 14 00:29 BST (UK) »
If you get a chance to do that it would be wonderful, thank you for the offer.

Now I am in the process of moving house so boxes up to my ears, next week the move and then boxes up to my ears until I unpack, so I may or may not be online, depends on the internet provider and ME getting the PC set up right ;D