Author Topic: McCutcheon  (Read 39487 times)

Offline nijinski

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McCutcheon
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 June 09 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Iaena

Regret to say that my McCUTCHEON's right up to approx 1786 are all born and bred in Wigtownshire, Scotland.

Sorry cannot be of further assistance with this particular surname.

Regards

Anita
Wigtownshire: McNeil, Cairney, Henderson, Sproat, Lockhart, McCutcheon, McGaw, McCulloch, Miles, Bailie, McMurray, Webster

Offline laena

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 13 June 09 22:20 BST (UK) »
ok Anita thankyou for your reply,ill keep trying as i dont know my mums extended family and would love to make some sort of contact even if they are distant relatives.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 thankyou again           

Laena                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Offline Heinz 57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 14 June 09 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Laena,

I have a lot of ancestors in that area including McCutcheons and I can assure you they were popping back and forth across the Irish sea all the time. Most people in that part of Scotland sooner or later will trace their family line back to northern Ireland. I totally expect my McCutcheons to eventually go back to Ireland. After the famine perhaps? The sea was not a barrier in the way it is today. And don't forget that all of Ireland was part of the UK in those days. It was not technically emigrating.

I've been using Scotland's People website and I'm still stuck.

Happy hunting !

Lynn
Bridgett - Tyne and Wear,Derbyshire.
Crawford - Co. Durham, Ireland,
Laycock - West Yorkshire, Co. Durham
Frazer - Co. Durham
McCutcheon,Broadfoot, Lemond - Wigtownshire
White - Co. Down

Offline laena

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 14 June 09 22:28 BST (UK) »
thankyou Lynn ill keep trying to find my family and hopefully ill be able to make contact with them,that would be exciting. :D .Goodluck with your journey i hope your search is successful and feel free to drop a line any time.and i to will let you know about my progress.

thankyou

Laena

Offline caroclay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 15 June 09 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
not sure if this relevant i has a Rosanna McCutcheon that married a Patrick Ravey.
Rosanna was born in Mochrum in 1811

regards
carolyn
CLAYTON (LANARKSHIRE (craignuek)& ENGLAND)
DEVLIN (LANARKSHIRE(newmain & craignuek) & IRELAND)
McANAW (craignuek, muirkirk LANARKSHIRE)
McALEER (LANARKSHIRE & IRELAND)
MARSHALL (DUMFRIES)
KEENAN (IRELAND)
MCGINNIS
HUGHES
PROUDFOOT
DUNBAR
McGEECHAN (craignuek & carfin)
KILTIE
TROTTER
KEEGAN
ADAMS

Offline Heinz 57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 15 June 09 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Laena,
I live in Northumberland just over the Border from Scotland and if the worst comes to the worst I intend to drive over there and start hunting down gravestones ! I can't think of what else to do at the moment :0)
I'll drop you a line when I take off, and maybe I could find a few of your McCutcheons as well :0)

Lynn
Bridgett - Tyne and Wear,Derbyshire.
Crawford - Co. Durham, Ireland,
Laycock - West Yorkshire, Co. Durham
Frazer - Co. Durham
McCutcheon,Broadfoot, Lemond - Wigtownshire
White - Co. Down

Offline laena

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 21:41 BST (UK) »
wow that sounds exiting...lol.. :D i hope your search is successful for both you and i..and ill keep a look out for your connections aswell and thankyou very much for your generous help lyn i really appreciate it thankyou again :)
have a safe journey..

thankyou

Laena

Offline amcgrath80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 17:07 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I'm looking for some help, Please! I have started my family tree in Ireland and I am searching the McCutcheon/McHutcheon Family. I have Found that my Great Grand Father was born in Tullow Co. Carlow Ireland in 1883 his name was Christopher W. McCutcheon and he has 1 brother Alexander and 2 sisters Kate louisa and Sarah, that I know of so far. Their parents were John McCutcheon (Scotish Presbyterian) and Eliza Wedekin/Wilkinton (German). They came to Ireland first to Sea Field Co. Sligo and then to Tullow Co.Carlow. Johns Mothers Name was Eliza/Ellen McCutcheon (nee ?). Died 1898 aged 92. Can Anyone help me in my hunt ?
McHutcheon - Archbold - Murphy - Morgan - McKee - McCoy - Wedekin - McGrath - Fleming

Offline spec

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hi sorry to butt into the post but find t intriging,i am researching my hubbys family and i sent for a marraige cert only to find its the wrong family hope this is of some ise to some one
Registration District Parish of Distington County of Cumberland
June 9th 1870,the marraige of William Gordon and Jane McCutcheon
William was a Batchelor   aged 21 years  a Furness man  living in Distington   Father Alexander an engine man
Jane McCutcheon   a spinster aged 22 years                   living in Distington    Father John a Labourer
The marraige was wittnessed by John Palmer and Sarah McCutcheon
and they were married by Joshua Lyson(curate)

Hope this is of use !!i am searching for Jane McCutcheon who married William Gordon
Janes Parents were John McCutcheon and Jane McMurray both of Ireland.
if anyone could offer me assistance i would be grateful
       Kindest Regards spec