Author Topic: William O'Connor/Ellen Foott  (Read 37848 times)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
William O'Connor/Ellen Foott
« on: Thursday 07 December 06 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Looking for infomation on William O'Connor born cork 1880 Died 1931 married Ellen Foote Febuary 7th 1904
  They had several children one of which was my dad Patrick who was the youngest of the family and came to Birmingham UK ,Ellen had a sister called Margaret who died i believe in London in the  early 1960's

McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William O'Connor
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 December 06 00:05 GMT (UK) »
I was hoping not to follow this path but my granddad was put in to a children's home when he was not long born  not to sure? his mother said she was going to come back for him but never did My granddad i think went to a children's home called st Joseph's
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 April 07 22:28 BST (UK) »
i know i am related to a Lyons and Harrington's my auntie was Mary (May). her son Tom became a Priest later in life

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 April 07 17:16 BST (UK) »
Have you looked for his birth in the indexes? As he was born post 1864, it should have been registered. These are available at the Dublin GRO (in person or Roscommon by post) or on film at your local family history centre. (Church of the latter day saints) http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHC/frameset_fhc.asp for your nearest.

Same for his marriage and death.

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 April 07 20:53 BST (UK) »
No i have not ,
I am new to this so it's hard to know where to start looking .Thank's to people like you Kated it helps to push us along really appreciate this..... Pat

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William O'Connor/ foote
« Reply #5 on: Friday 03 August 07 22:24 BST (UK) »
trying to trace grannies side Ellen Foote, found out  William was buried with her family in tracton cork Presbyterian church / grave yard it 's  like trying to put together a jigsaw ,trouble is family member's do not know of us so hopefully, names just ring a bell

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William O'Connor/Ellen Foote
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 02 September 09 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Again
Still searching for these two i was hoping i would find them at least on the 1911 census, but not much luck so far.
Are there record's missing sorry if the question has already been asked
Little Annie

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 02 September 09 21:54 BST (UK) »
Think I found them in 1911 Census in a townland called Ardmore-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001849385/
This Ellen O'Connor says she's been married for 7 years and by searcing the civil index for Ellen Foote and William O'Connor separately, then cross-referencing the results comes the marriage details from the index-
Ellen FOOTT married Jan/Mar 1904 Kinsale registration district volume 5 page 287 (same details for a William O'Connor).
With the above you can order the marriage certificate which will give exact place and date of marriage, their occupations, residences at time of marriage, and hopefully fathers' names and occupations.
www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

Also- birth registration for Ellen FOOTT (same spelling as marriage)- Jan./Mar.1884 Kinsale registration district
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 02 September 09 22:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you Aghadowey your a star.
 I would still be looking to doomsday maybe the name foote as i have always been told was wrong  Little Annie