Author Topic: Hassett m. Clonmellon Parish 1835  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Lizzy55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hassett m. Clonmellon Parish 1835
« on: Friday 11 July 14 07:30 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on my Hassetts.  My 3x-great-father John Hassett (b.c.1806) m. (1835) Catharine Batterby aka Catherine Battersby b.c.1800 Ireland. listed in Clonmellon Parish marriage records as John Hassen (also Hassan in kids' baptismal records). 

John & Catherine Hassett had 4 children- Eleanor / Ellen b.1836, Mary b.c.1839/1841, John Jr. b.1843, and Catherine b.1847.  The family emigrated to the US February of 1849 (ship Huma, landed Castle Garden, NY, USA 26March1849). 

I was recently playing with my DNA results on GEDmatch & GEDCOM.  It seems I match exactly 0 individuals researching Hassetts and I match a whole bunch of individuals researching Blennerhassett.  Hence it appears that this Westmeath John Hassett is a Blennerhassett descendent.  I'm really hoping for more information regarding his origins because it's questionable whether he was a Westmeath native.   

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
Re: Hassett m. Clonmellon Parish 1835
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 July 14 10:42 BST (UK) »
Have you seen the Blennerhassett family trees on the internet?

http://www.blennerhassettfamilytree.com/pages/BH52_MISC_USA_U.pdf

might be worth getting in touch and seeing if they can help make any connections :)
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline Lizzy55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hassett m. Clonmellon Parish 1835
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 July 14 16:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I have been recently in touch with the Blennerhassett researcher and informed him of my info, and he updating his research.  But I needed a link to a tree and so I greatly thank you for that!