Author Topic: tyler family  (Read 5438 times)

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: tyler family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 March 14 18:22 GMT (UK) »
I also have an interest in Tyler ancestors! My GGG Grandfather was James Tyler married to Harriet Hale? I think that James b1813 and Samuel b1797 who I have a little info about were children of William Tyler and Elizabeth Bray. I would like to know the best sites for Parish Records please? SEAX/FREEREG? Not very good at searching any of them! :(

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 March 14 21:09 GMT (UK) »
" I would like to know the best sites for Parish Records please?"

Both FreeReg and Seax have lots of information on the Tyler families. I would suggest you look at FreeReg first as it is tabulated.  There are quite a number of Great Maplestead births deaths and some marriages.You may also get clues by looking at Tylers in the surrounding villages such as Sible Hedingham, Little Maplestead and Wickham St Paul. Once you have built up initial details you could use Seax for confirmation and possibly more detail.

Kind regards
Mike
Halstead ,The Hedinghams,The Maplesteads,The Belchamps,Gosfield,Gestingthorpe,Stisted,Toppesfield

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 March 14 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you  :)

Offline hall-jones-tyler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 April 14 01:52 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, I have a great deal of research into the parish registers of Great Maplestead. I have come up with a bit of a road block. I have an Issac Tyler wife Mary baptising children Elizabeth 1753, Hannah 1755, Sarah 1758 and  Isaac Tyler wife Prudence baptising children Abraham 1761, John and Hannah 1769 and Mary 1774.  In between these records there is a william born to Tyler in 1759. It seems logical that he was born to Isaac as he named his forst born Isaac, and another Abraham (after his brother?). However his father's name was not included in the register. The main issue is that I can find no entry for a marriage between Isaac and Mary or Prudence or a death for Mary. I have found a death for Prudence. I have tried the surrounding counties from Essex but no entry their either. Does anyone have any ideas.  I probably need someone with an old family bible who has this written down. Not much chance of that though. Any informationj would be gratefully received. Thanks

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 April 14 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi H-J-T,

It is quite frustrating when the Parish Records do not provide the answers. I have re looked at the Great Maplestead records and come up with the same information as yourself. Batches of the entries look to be in the same handwriting as if they were copied from some other document (diary or even a notebook) at a later date. I suspect that some items are completely missing and others such as Willliam's parents partly incomplete. Some Parishes are more fastidious than others.
I can only find one birth of a likely Isaac baptised 1735 (as a 7 year old) and one burial 1780.
Isaac's parents were William and Hannah (nee Gilbard - married 12.11.1713) - this gives more credence to William 1759 being the son of Isaac as you would expect a son to be named after the grandfather somewhere amongst the children. Is his mother Mary or Prudence ? Or is Mary and Prudence the same lady? It seems fairly certain that it is the same Isaac as from 1752 to 1761 the children came in regular intervals. Mary could have died and Isaac remarried Prudence - widowers left with young children usually gave remarriage a high priority.
The marriages could have happened in nearby Little Maplestead - the records there also have gaps in periods that could provide answers.
Hope that this may be of a little help.

Mike
Halstead ,The Hedinghams,The Maplesteads,The Belchamps,Gosfield,Gestingthorpe,Stisted,Toppesfield

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 April 14 13:49 BST (UK) »
Wow Essexpoet you have just answered a whole load of questions for me too!
Perfect timing as I sit here in front of the computer.
 :)

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 April 14 13:57 BST (UK) »
Sorry I forgot to say Hall-Jones-Tyler I have been away but am back now. I probably don't have any further info to add to that just given by Essexpoet but if I find anything I will let you know.
 :)

Offline hall-jones-tyler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 00:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks Everyone. I know that it is difficult when things are missing. I have tried all the parish records for that time frame from the surrounding village, Little Maplestead, etc and freereg for all of Essex. No other entries for Isaac Tyler or his wife/wives Mary or Prudence. I am hoping that someone womewhere has the original family bible (yeah I know not much hope of that) . Still fairly happy with what I have so far. Have now found that there are female Tyler members who married into the  Argent, Atkins and Hope famlies. Thanks everyone for your replies so far. Good to know that the deductions I have made make sense.

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 25 April 14 12:19 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any marriage info for Samuel Tyler b 1796 ish in Great Maplestead. I know he married Hannah, but have no surname. In 1851/61 they were in Westminster,St Margaret. In 1871 Samuel was a widow living with his brother James and sister-in-law Harriet.
Samuel died in 1873. Don't know when Hannah died.
Thank you.