Author Topic: Alfred T Bibey b1894 in Risca nr Newport, Monmouthshire (CLOSED)  (Read 1840 times)

Offline SBib

• RootsChat Senior
  • Edwin Bibby b1848 British Champion Wrestler
    • View Profile
Alfred T Bibey b1894 in Risca nr Newport, Monmouthshire (CLOSED)
« on: Friday 01 February 13 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Found on FamilySearch at Ystradyfodwg, Glamorganshire in 1901.
Looking for parents. 1901 census look-up only please.
BIBBY ONE-NAME STUDY

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred T Bibey b1894 in Risca nr Newport, Monmouthshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 February 13 10:12 GMT (UK) »
This is the 42nd request for a census lookup of Bibbey or Bibey you have made? ::)

Do you not think you'll make better progress with a subscription to a site like Ancestry or FindMyPast?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline SBib

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 February 13 10:40 GMT (UK) »
You could say that to anyone who asks for a census look-up. I have my reasons and I'm not willing to discuss them.
No-one is obliged to answer my requests but I am doing valuable research and as long as helpful people do so then I will continue posting.
BIBBY ONE-NAME STUDY

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 February 13 11:39 GMT (UK) »
60 credits on FindMyPast costs £6.95 - that's 12 lookups. Or 58p per lookup.

280 credits costs £24.95 - 56 lookups. That's 44p per lookup.

Or you could, as I see it, continue to abuse the generosity of fellow RC'ers?

I, for one, don't like being taken advantage of. So I'll not reply to any of your posts. >:(
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 February 13 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Reading from a Tree on Ancestry,his parents are given as a William Alfred "Bibey" born Forest of Dean Gloucestershire in c 1869 and an Ellen Dunovan born c 1868 in Dowlais Glamorgan.These details coincide with the 1901 Census.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SBib

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 February 13 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Excellent. Thanks for your kind help William.
BIBBY ONE-NAME STUDY

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred T Bibey b1894 in Risca nr Newport, Monmouthshire (CLOSED)
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 02 February 13 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I pay £107 per yr for my Ancestry sub which is only £2 per week.   Many libraries also have free Ancestry access.

You are doing a one name study of the surname Bibby which is seen by many members as a hobby rather than serious family research and as your requests are now becoming very frequent I suspect you may get many more comments similar to those above.

I understand you now have some 28,000 names in your database - many of those have been supplied by Rootschat members who thought they were your own family history.   

Whilst you are certainly not breaking any rules by posting -  I agree with the comments above re: abuse of others generosity and feel you should undertake this type of hobby at your own expense and time

I notice you are now also posting requests for lookups on variations of the surname Bibby

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,633974.msg4815803.html#msg4815803

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 February 13 11:18 GMT (UK) »
1. Rootschat exists to help others with look-ups and other information. Nobody is obliged to help and you can ignore if you wish.

2. It is polite to ask once only for the information you require. Try to be organised and make it clear that you are pursuing specific information so that people don't get confused and do more than is necessary.

Provided no duplication exists, i.e. asking for the same information more than once, no problem. Not everyone has the resources to pay for subscriptions and the like. If you have, lucky you.

IF there is a problem in your opinion, please inform a Moderator. DO NOT berate other Rootschatters on the boards. Thank you.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline SBib

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 03 February 13 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Arranroots  :)
BIBBY ONE-NAME STUDY