Author Topic: Welsh Roberts...and Foster.....and Parry???  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Welsh Roberts...and Foster.....and Parry???
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 17 May 14 07:58 BST (UK) »
This lady was born in Denbighshire in Wales and there is a Ruthin there, but not a Ruthven.

Could you give your source, please - I did ask earlier :

Just thinking that it might be a mis-transcription - what was the source?

Gadget

Jane Roberts is  not the most unusual of names (I have a few b. Denbighshire in my tree) and a source/birthdate might help us to help  you  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 17 May 14 08:13 BST (UK) »
Is this the same Jane Roberts:

Hi I received William Parry's marriage certificate today and it is unusual. It states that William Parry married Jane Roberts on 9th March, 1847. He was a bachelor and his residence was Llanfihengel Bjchylleth (sic), Llaniestyn. His father was Harry Richard (no surname given) and he was a labourer. Jane Roberts was a spinster and her fathers name was given as Robert Jones and he was a cooper. I beleive the surname 'Jones' is a mistake.

It seems to me that the vicar was using the patronymic form - although a bit late! Other marriages on the page have the same format.  Parry is a form of ap Harry (son of Harry) and Jane would be ferch Robert (daughter of Robert).

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Jason46

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 17 May 14 22:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget
Yes the marriage certificate is the source and that is where I found that Jane Parry was a Roberts. I have now found a lady on Ancestry who is also researching Jane Roberts and am hoping for a reply from her, as the information she has if correct would take me back another generation. She has both a brother and a cousin called Thomas and I am not sure which one is my Thomas. I am thinking and hoping that possibly one of Thomas (Senior) siblings or cousins may have looked after Elizabeth. All this came to light only this week and just before i go on holidays! I will let you know the outcome when I find out
Carpenter - Devon and Australia
Flett - Orkneys
Morrell - Antrim, France, Switzerland and Ballarat
Wilcher - Bermondsey and Birmingham
Roberts - Liverpool
Price - Monmouthshire
Smith - Orkneys
Barnsley - Cumberland
Discombe - Devon
Brewer - Devon
Torrington - Devon