Author Topic: MI's for Denbigh Churches  (Read 4948 times)

Offline dmjones

• RootsChat Member
  • A little courtesy can win a lot of respect.
    • View Profile
MI's for Denbigh Churches
« on: Thursday 13 March 14 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Are there any MI's compiled for St Thomas's and St Mary's Churches Denbigh?
As I am remote from Wales are there any on-line records or kind members able to look up records?
I'm interested in Parry (male) MI's for the period 1800 to 1832.
Thank you.
David Jones
Jones, Lewis, Jandrell, George, Price, Lloyd, Cupper (Cuper), Vaughan, Grant, Wheldon

Denbighshire, Shropshire, Montgomeryshire, Radnor, Powys, NZ, North Yorks

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MI's for Denbigh Churches
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 March 14 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello David

I've just had a look on the Clwyd FHS web site as they do publish some MIs. However, it doesn't look as if the ones that you mentioned are covered:

http://www.clwydfhs.org.uk/publications/otherpubs.htm

I seem to recall that one of the RC members was doing some photographs of the various churchyards but I've not seen him online for a while.

FindMyPast do have some burial records online. It's a paysite and their Terms & Conditions are such that we can't give any information.  You could check the index to see if anything comes up and buy some credits if anything looks promising:

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/parish-records/burials?tab=3

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 March 14 13:26 GMT (UK) »

FindMyPast do have some burial records online. It's a paysite and their Terms & Conditions are such that we can't give any information.  You could check the index to see if anything comes up and buy some credits if anything looks promising:

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/parish-records/burials?tab=3

Gadget

I've just done a quick check and there are 60 47* records for Parry buried in Denbigh 1800-1832, so it might be worth you having a detailed look.

* - did my sums wrong - 47 not 60

Burial records also here: http://www.clwydfhs.org.uk/publications/registers-books.htm#D

Gadget

PS - I think I'm remoter from Denbighshire than you are, although also born there  ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline dmjones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 March 14 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gadget
Thanks for the advice. The problem with PRs is that they don't give names of spouses etc. just the basic details of the person. I am actually trying to trace the parents of my grt. grt. grandmother, her maiden name was Mary Parry and she was born (1801) and married (1832) in Denbigh. It appears her mother (Sarah) was widowed at an early age (Sarah originally came from Llangollen). I have a hunch that her father was Edward Parry and that he and Sarah married in Llangollen on 23rd Jan 1795 and he died in Denbigh 28th May 1801, but I cannot verify this. An MI would most probably give his wife's name and thus allow me to confirm that they were in fact Edward and Sarah Parry.
Thanks
David
Jones, Lewis, Jandrell, George, Price, Lloyd, Cupper (Cuper), Vaughan, Grant, Wheldon

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 March 14 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Well you've got me curious about your Parrys with your mention of Llangollen.Have you any occupation for the Edward Parry?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 March 14 21:33 GMT (UK) »
I believe he was a glover, William. No plaster or slates  :)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 13 March 14 21:35 GMT (UK) »
I believe he was a glover, William. No plaster or slates  :)

Well you've got to have a look Gadget.lol

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 13 March 14 21:37 GMT (UK) »
 ;D

David - I had a look at the wills at the National Library site but nothing for Edward that I could see. I thought it was worth a try.

Gadget

Offline dmjones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 14 March 14 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Gadget
All I could find was his widow's Will, Sarah Parry NLW B/1847 / 248. Also both Sarah and Mary, her daughter, are mentioned in the Will of Ellis Jones of Denbigh, they were his housekeepers. He gifted our family Bible to Mary and my mother was named after this Mary Parry.

William
I know you have Parry connections in Llangollen, My Parrys appear to have be located around the Pengwern / Erw Wen area. Also I was once given the following information: 
Edward and Sarah Parry of Llangollen 
5 children:
Edward 1797,
Mary 1799,
Miriam 1801,
John 1806,
Nehemiah 1807,

Thanks
David