Author Topic: ? Needle in a haystack - help please!  (Read 2795 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ? Needle in a haystack - help please!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 September 14 00:09 BST (UK) »
One thing I would like to add is that if the 1881 Census is correct with Thomas and sister Ann given as born in Wrexham then there is unlikely to be an entry for them in 1841.The 1841 Census for the entire Wrexham area is lost.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Puzzle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 September 14 07:01 BST (UK) »
That's interesting and might very well solve it.  Would that mean the outlying areas too?  Something tells me I will never know!  But thank you for your help.  Do you know if there is a record of past Mayors of Mold anywhere?  This was my last hope,  I know when Fronhuelog was a school there was a Miss Evans, but that doesn't mean anything and I don't see how young lads with a motorbike would fit in!
The frustrating thing is when I was young and in Wales with my Dad, we popped in to see various  'Aunt somebody's' in cottages in the area, I just accepted it and never asked who they were!  Grrrrrrr. 
Thank you everyone!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 September 14 09:13 BST (UK) »
I scoured the Census entries last night and the truth is I would not be definite about any entry for Thomas in 1851 in England or Wales.Similarly for father John as well,though all we really know about him is that he may be a farmer/miller and that he was dead by 1856.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk