Author Topic: Trying to find burial location for Lavinia Jones d. 1948  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Mygenes2006

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trying to find burial location for Lavinia Jones d. 1948
« on: Tuesday 05 August 14 00:54 BST (UK) »
hi, am hoping someone can help me.  We have been been trying to locate our grandmothers grave for several years, several local people recall attending her funeral but can't remember which church it was in.  We have tried the under takers who can't help and also asked church wardens who also seem unable to help.  We know there is no grave stone but would really like to know where she was buried, as our father passed away last year and whilst his ashes are scattered on our farm we would like to place a headstone at the church in remembrance to them both if this is allowed. 

All i can tell you is that she died in 1948, her death was registered in Carmarthen in the Sept Qtr and she was 45 years of age when she passed away.  We know she was buried in a church somewhere around Newcastle Emlyn but not in the town itself but in one of the small churches in the countryside around here.  I spent several hours trudging through a grave yard looking for any family members but had no luck.  I did wonder about the national burial index but tried to do a search on Genes Reunited and she doesn't appear to be listed.  Can anyone suggest where we can look or what we could do or is this impossible to find out.  Thanks in advance, MyGenes
Derrick, Dudley, Quince, Swaby, Wild,