Author Topic: Hayes Family Tree Wexford  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Wexfordskid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hayes Family Tree Wexford
« on: Friday 14 February 14 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Just doing some research for a friend and as his family and himself have very limited knowledge of their family tree I'm finding it difficult to get any information myself. It would be great if anyone could shed some light.

The following information is what I have received from him and this is all his family actually know :

Margaret Mary Hayes was b. 1938 in Wexford. Her Parents names were Gretta/Margaret Hayes nee Banville and Patrick Hayes. (No D/O/B are known) she had a sister called Patricia b. 1941. and as far as my research goes I can see she had two other sister Anne Hayes b. 1939 and Elizabeth Hayes b. 1937.  And they lived in Abbey Street in Wexford Town.

And that's as far as it goes. Without D.O.B's it's quiet difficult to check the census even,

Any help would be grateful and much appreciated.

Thank you.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hayes Family Tree Wexford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 February 14 13:44 GMT (UK) »
If any of these people are living, you should not post their names.

Marriage 1937 Wexford June quarter vol 4 page 396
Margaret Mary Banville and Patrick Hayes share the same reference.

The certificate would give further information. There is also a Martin Banville with this reference. He may be related.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wexfordskid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 February 14 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the quick reply. Will take not of all information! And no none of the people I have mentioned are alive. Which makes it a great deal harder in requiring information.

Thanks again

Offline ddauncey

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I think you maybe mentioned my mother Patricia - she was born December 30th 1940 but I think the birth was registered the start of 1941. We know her father was Patrick Hayes who died very young. Patricia had two sisters Mary and Nancy (who we think is Anne Hayes you mention) the surprise is I have not heard of Elizabeth Hayes b. 1937. There is a strange history around the family hence since my mother died I have been trying to find out more.

Offline Loogie14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 March 14 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, Im also searching for a Mary Hayes married a John Barnewell, daughter Elizabeth was my Great Grandmother, she married Patrick Doyle of Foulksmills. Doubt that theres a connection as yours seem to be a bit later than the years im searching.  But just to let you know the name Banville could be transcribed in documents as Barnwall, Barnewell, Barnwell and Barnawell also. It is something that I have come across in my research! (Which is very little at this point!)

Offline Grettasgirl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 June 15 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi I am Anne hayes aka Nancy what would you like to know.