Author Topic: MI for William Johnstone RENWICK  (Read 2402 times)

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MI for William Johnstone RENWICK
« on: Monday 17 November 14 20:18 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the cemetery and MI where my great grandfather, William Johnstone Renwick, (1857-1938) is buried.  He probably lived and raised his family in or near the village of Denholm.  From the Borders Fanily History Society website, I know that I can buy CDs or DVDs with copies of Monumental Inscriptions for various cemeteries.  However, I don't know which ones would have the MI for William Renwick.  The DVD for Cavers and Kirkton (inc. Denholm) has the MI for 8 Renwicks but I don't know which ones.  Can anyone offer me some advice?

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: MI for William Johnstone RENWICK
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 November 14 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,

Try this site -
http://www.denholmvillage.co.uk/denholm%20cemetery.html

Renwick MI's numbered 83 , 119 , and 120 , can't see anything for William but may be related.

Did William Renwick die Ashkirk Selkirk in 1938 ?

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 November 14 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your response, and yes, that is where William died in December of 1938.  Also thanks for the link to the Denholm Cemetery.  I looked through the MIs for Renwicks and none of them are relatives of mine so I could eliminate that DVD.  Do you know if other local cemeteries have put their MIs online? 

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 November 14 22:30 GMT (UK) »
There is the possiblity that William has no gravestone  :(

The fact that William passed on in Selkirkshire may indicate that his burial is maybe elsewhere ?

Do you know if other local cemeteries have put their MIs online?
Thanks to a local resident we have a list of names of the people buried in the cemetery at Denholm as well as details from the gravestones.

I don't have any local knowledge of the area , just looking at Google.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records