Author Topic: Goldens of Rathlacken and Duffy  (Read 17781 times)

Offline Marmyall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Goldens of Rathlacken and Duffy
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 July 13 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

As far as I know Annie Marie stayed in Ballina, that's where her daughter Bridget was born and raised.  Bridget came over to England, to work in service, we think in the late 1930's or early 1940's, starting of in the Birmingam area before moving to Lancashire where she met and married my late father in law Harry Myall.  They married in 1947 in Worsley.  In doing the research I've noticed that the family go between Golden and Goldrick as often as the see fit.
Myall/Goldrick in England & Ireland
Whyte/Jordan, Corns/Ross, Lindsay/Izatt, in Scotland,

Offline Marmyall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 July 13 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Sorry I meant to add that according to my information, I have a Golden marrying into the Goldrick name, but that some of the Goldricks changed their name back to Golden or to McGoldrick when they moved to different areas.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 07 July 13 21:38 BST (UK) »
Its a while since I looked at any records but have some land records where the name changes for the one family from Golden to Goldrick and I think it stays much that way after that with just some spelling variations.
Yes I think I looked at Martin Goldrick, who may have been known as McGoldrick in USA sometimes.

With regard to Annie Marie, there is a marriage for an Annie Goldrick in Ballina in 1928 in the indexes  :-\

The Rathlacken disaster booklet doesn't have her married but mentions her daughter Bridget - that information presumably came from family.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marmyall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 July 13 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hi
Your right with Martin McGoldrick, I've checked him out he's the brother of Anthony Goldrick born 1873 who is Bridget's grandfather.  Martin changed his name when he went to the USA.

I'll check out that marriage you mention, I've not come across that before. 

Thanks

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 07 July 13 22:52 BST (UK) »
There is possibly a connection with my Goldens but as said earlier - such a lot! Your Goldrick family were enumerated next to my relatives in the census and if I recall, Martin and his wife emigrated together with one of my relatives and went to another.
There are other people, perhaps who you have been in touch with, who are closer to the Goldricks and hopefully, they may see your posts.
I hope that marriage does work out but it is difficult to know without purchasing the details.
I did look for any clues for Annie in the Leigue cemetery and the local Lacken ones but can't spot anything.

best wishes
heywood

Offline deebee2014

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heywood

I too am descendent from Andrew Golden and Anne Armstrong.  Im not sure how to private message on this site but give a shout

Dee

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 07:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dee and welcome  :)
This is good news!
You need to post 3 messages and then we can pm each other. You don't need to say anything much in your posts so I look forward to messaging you soon.

heywood

Offline teris1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 20 February 14 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  This is just a long shot, so bear with me.  Looking for parents of Mary (Flynn) Daley.  Mary emigrated to the US and married John Daley (also emigrated to the US).  Mary and John married in Lafayette, Indiana in the 1850s. 

John Daley was born about 1827 in Ireland and died in Idaho in 1903. Maybe Sligo or Mayo--just know it was northwest part of Ireland.
Mary was born in Ireland 1831/1832.  As for her birth location, Dublin.  Also have information she was born in County Connacht.  She died in 1912 in Idaho.

The only information I have for Mary's parents are that her father's name could be Andrew Flynn, and her mother's name was Ann/Anne/Mary Ann Golden.  However, I have also seen the last name "Armstrong" among some records but it's possible that may be her mother's maiden name.

Any thoughts?

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 20 February 14 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Connacht is a province not a county and Sligo and Mayo are part of that province.
You say Mary may have been born in Dublin, or somewhere in Connacht. You would really need more specific information to find Mary.
I can't see a connection to my Golden/Armstrongs at the moment.

Best wishes
Heywood