Author Topic: Birth Look-Up - Elizabeth O'DONNELL / FITZELL c1849, Cork  (Read 1847 times)

Offline SusieMc

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth Look-Up - Elizabeth O'DONNELL / FITZELL c1849, Cork
« on: Wednesday 30 April 08 10:10 BST (UK) »
I have long been banging my head against a brick wall and wonder if anyone can help me...!

James Henry WOLFE, married Mary Ann O'DONNELL (nee FITZELL) in 1856 in Liverpool. Her marriage certificate lists her as 26 years and a widow; her father is listed as Peter FITZELL, farmer. Various census reports show Mary's birthplace as Tarbert, Ireland.

Mary Ann had several children in Liverpool, but her first daughter, Elizabeth, was born c1849 in Cork. Elizabeth may have been the daughter of Mary's first husband ? O'DONNELL, or may have been born out of wedlock. Consequently, she may have taken the surname O'DONNELL, or her mother's maiden name FITZELL.

So, can anyone help me confirm if Elizabeth's birth in Cork in c1849 ? And any information on her father?!

With many thanks in advance,
Susie

Offline FindingAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Look-Up - Elizabeth O'DONNELL / FITZELL c1849, Cork
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 September 14 06:09 BST (UK) »
Hello
Wondering how you got on with your FITZELL research ?
My children's father's mother's line were FITZELL from Tarbet Kerry (came to Australia in the 1883) - The FITZELLs were part of the Palatine immigrations from Germany in the 1700s, sent to England and then to Ireland, the Colonies and the US - You can find loads of info on the Palatine Immigrations on the internet
Hope that is of some help

Kind Regards
FA (Charmaine)
ANYON,BATES, BEDWELL, BENNETT, BONE, BULLOCK,  CAMPBELL,  CARMICHAEL, CARTER, CLARK, CONSTANTINE/SLATER, CLENDINNING, COVENTRY, CREIGHTON,  EASLIP, EDWARDS, ELIARD or ELIOT, FROST, GORINGE, HILL, HOLLOWAY, INGLEFIELD, INGRAM, JAMES, JEFFREY, JONES, JOHNSTON, KEECH, LANGFORD, LAWS, LAWS,  LLOYD, LONDON, MACKAY, MCKAY, MACKNESS, MARTIN, MILLINGTON, MOORE, MORISON, NEWMAN, O'DONNELL, ORPIN, PAINE, POOK, REECE, RICHARDS, ROBSON,  SMITH, SPROULE, STANDISH,STRANGEMORE, TRENCHARD, WHELAN, WILLIAMS