Author Topic: DINAN FAMILY  (Read 3196 times)

Offline gingerclifford

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DINAN FAMILY
« on: Saturday 06 February 10 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to trace anyone who knows anyone who may be related to or know of the Dinan family in Cork.  My maternal grandfather was called Michael Dinan, I think he was born c.1890s. He did have brothers, ?how many,?sisters.  He married my grandmother, not sure of correct spelling, Hanora Devane(?spelling) in around the 1920s. There moved to Amercia, New Jersey to be exact around that time and had 8 children. My mother Lucy Elizabeth, was the oldest. Although my mother and some of her siblings were born in New Jersey, her father and mother returned with the family to Cork and/or Carcihveen (Kerry) around the late 1930s. 

Thanks!
Carchiveen, Kerry, Cork, Sigerson, Clifford,

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: DINAN FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 February 10 21:07 GMT (UK) »
You might want to find the family in the 1911 census in Ireland if you haven't done so already-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline gingerclifford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 February 10 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks ever so much. Will do.   :)

Offline RH1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 August 14 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,
My great grandmother was Hanora Dinan nee devane. I know she had daughters called Lucy and Mary (Gemma), as Gemma was my nan. Hanora was from Carcihveen and was born in 1898. I'm looking into any family in America. I think this May be the same Hanora, she passed away in 1983 in Kilburn, London. Let me know if any of this sounds familiar to you.
Rebecca  :)

Offline gingerclifford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 July 20 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,
My great grandmother was Hanora Dinan nee devane. I know she had daughters called Lucy and Mary (Gemma), as Gemma was my nan. Hanora was from Carcihveen and was born in 1898. I'm looking into any family in America. I think this May be the same Hanora, she passed away in 1983 in Kilburn, London. Let me know if any of this sounds familiar to you.
Rebecca  :)

Hi Rebecca,

Sorry for the long delay in replying. If your dad is Christopher Dinan and your mum Carol, and you have an older sister Kerry, and a little brother, then we are related! Your dad is my first cousin and you are my first cousin once removed. Your nan Gemma was my auntie and her big sister Lucy was my mother. I would love to get in touch with you. Jaynexx