Author Topic: Mcneice married 3 times  (Read 5085 times)

Offline scotty75

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mcneice married 3 times
« on: Monday 12 December 11 19:41 GMT (UK) »
I'm tracing Minnie (mary ) Mcneice family tree. She was born in Lurgan in1872, died Glasgow 1946. Her parents were Thomas and Catherine Mcneece/Mcneice (maiden name Mcconvile) She has always been of interest in the family as she married 3 times.
She married robert tennant i 1894, his parents were Charles tennant and Jane ( maiden name Smith)
Minnie (Mary) then went on to marry Joseph Tennant who she married in 1905 , his parents were Andrew and Mary (maiden name Coppell ?)...
3rd marriage- William Gartshore whose parents were Alexander and Agnes Gartshore (maiden name mcelris ?)
So my question to you all...should i keep trying to go down this line? We thought the two Tennants were brothers and now it is not looking like this at all.How, if at all can i connect the two? HELP

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mcneice married 3 times
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 December 11 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi scotty,

In answer to your question ......

I get the impression that you won't be content until you discover whether Robert & Joseph Tennant were related, so I think you've actually answered your own question!!  ;D

You'd need to do a wee bit of research on both of them to see if this was the case and perhaps go back a generation or two.

Work out their approximate dates of birth, try to find them with their parents on Census Returns and if you have copies of Minnie's Marriage Certificates, have a look to see who the witnesses were - sometimes you can get a 'lead' if one of the witnesses has the same surname.

No quick solution unfortunately, but if this wee 'niggle' is intriguing you - it'll only get worse (speaking from personal experience!!)

Anne   :)

Offline Graham_of_that_Ilk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mcneice married 3 times
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 16:44 GMT (UK) »
The William Gartshore you refer to would that be William born 26 April 1869 Glasgow, parents Alexander and Agnes Mellies. Think William lived in Maryhill. G