Author Topic: Hamilton/Tudhope  (Read 1247 times)

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hamilton/Tudhope
« on: Monday 17 February 14 11:17 GMT (UK) »
I have got suck with family tree.  Got back to Thomas Hamilton born c. 1747 in Douglas died 1814 in Douglas.  Married in Lesmahagow to Marion Tudhope (bc1749 in Lesmahagow) Their children as follows Andrew James John Thomas William Katherine Alexander Alexander George. 
I would like to go back further is there anyone who shares this tree and has found more information?  If possible I would love to discover more. 

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton/Tudhope
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 December 14 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mirrin,

Thomas and Marion were my 5x great grandparents. I descend from their son George HAMILTON. He married Margaret BLACK and the migrated to Argyll and had a family there. That is where I lived until I immigrated to Canada.

Mary
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 09:45 GMT (UK) »
 :)Hi Mary,  Really nice to hear from you. Thomas Hamilton and Marion Tudhope are my greatx4 grandparents through their son James who married Margaret Steel. I will be pleased to exchange information with you.

Regards Mirrin

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary,  Looking through my notes I see that we both were involved along with others (some years ago) researching this tree. I have quite a lot of information on this tree.  On one site it said that Robert Tudhope and Helen Hamilton were the parent's of Marion Tudhope.  I  cannot confirm that.

Regards Mirrin