Author Topic: ABBS, All (GOONS)  (Read 8578 times)

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ABBS, All (GOONS)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 September 13 07:41 BST (UK) »
Hello AbbsONS,

Do you already have the Abbs in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear?

I discovered this thread after being intrigued by the numbers of Abbs mentions in a book I was reading tonight. The article was "Extracts from the Monkwearmouth Parish Registers" a presentation given 4 March 1902 to the Sunderland Antiquarian Society.

I found it at:
http://www.forgottenbooks.org/readbook/Antiquities_of_Sunderland_and_Its_Vicinity_1000734639#5

It is pages 241-254 of 367 and gives BMD's spanning 1733-1807.

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline Norfolk Nigel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ABBS, All (GOONS)
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 March 15 09:32 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if anyone out there has any information about the Abbs family members who were resident in South Norfolk around 1750 to 1860.  I am aware of a great many Abbs being in North East Norfolk, no apparent simple connection, but would appreciate contact with anyone interested in connection to the villages of Tharston and Hapton. To prevent initial use of private email addresses, I can be contacted at the Tharston History Society site using web@tharston-history-society.com.

A family descendant from New Zealand and myself are really stumped at the moment and would appreciate any help, and would gladly share whatever comes from this line of enquiry.

Nigel
Peacock
Wilson
Harcourt/Hircock
Howling
Family in Norfolk