Author Topic: Charlotte Mary Jenkins arrival 1907  (Read 6612 times)

Offline aaronclark

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte Mary Jenkins arrival 1907
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 02:17 BST (UK) »
P.S. My grandmother has all sorts of memories and documents related to Charlotte, and it just occurred to me that after my grandfather's funeral in Walton, NY, we stopped briefly by her farm to poke around. On the phone with my grandmother now, and she's telling me Charlotte's son went to Cornell University, although I don't know him. There are also a number of family members not too far from me in Massachusetts.

Offline LMP

• RootsChat Member
  • --
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 19 July 14 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hello
I have been giving my family tree a rest sorry have only just picked up your message . Are you related to Charlotte Jenkins ? I am going to have to look at my tree too refresh my memory and then get back to you  I remember her mother was a Powell which is where the line started .Back soon
Kind Regards Liz

Offline aaronclark

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 19 July 14 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz,

Yes, I am. Charlotte's sister Evelyn, who came to the U.S. with her on the Lusitania, is my great grandmother. Evelyn was my paternal grandmother's mother, but she died young and my grandmother was adopted so our family history has a number of holes in it, but the Jenkins family largely settled in upstate New York, around the Catskill Mountain area. I never met Charlotte, but I did visit her old farm several years ago, where my grandmother was born.

Offline LMP

• RootsChat Member
  • --
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 03 October 14 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am not sure if I replied to you message it's been ages since I have been on the site .I would love to know more about the family if you are willing to share info
Kind regards
Liz