Author Topic: Police constable-Galway  (Read 27998 times)

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Police constable-Galway
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 25 August 13 21:37 BST (UK) »
New members have to have 3 postings before they can send a personal message. If you make two more postings -can be about about anything- then you can access other members by clicking on the PM buttton under their name.

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline Cregg64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 15 May 14 18:46 BST (UK) »
Just joined rootschat, not sure how to reply to one person. I live in Oughterard & have been researching my friends family, when I came across Charles Lewis, born circa 1852 in Co. Kildare, he married Helen(Ellen) Cleary
they had 4 children Michael John born ~1891,
Rose Anne born ~1893,
Charles Joseph born ~1896 &
Mary Ellen born ~1897.
Helen died 24 December 1898 aged about 30.
He married my friends great aunt, Mary Walsh (born in Oughterard  24 April 1862) in ~1904. However, in the 1911 census Charles is living in Fough East (Camp Street) Oughterard with his youngest daughter Mary Ellen & Mary Walsh Lewis is living her brothers in Canrawer West, Main St. (Oughterard, Galway). Maybe she was just staying with her brothers but ifs not far from where her brothers lived to where her husband lived!!!!!
Rose Anne married John Clarke on 18 June 1919 in Newbridge Co. Kildare.
Charles Joseph married Edna Moon on 9 Sept 1922 in St Mary's & St. Martins Dover
Mary Ellen married Jeremiah David on 26 June 1916 in Newbridge, Witnesses Michael Durnisan & Rose Lewis.
Hope this is useful to someone out there.

Offline SeanC3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 11:52 BST (UK) »
Hope this is useful to someone out there.

This thread keeps coming back to life! Just dropped you a pm.

Offline Cregg64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hello John, I found the information in the Galway west family history centre in Galway.
Regards.

Offline lucky3ww

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 10 August 14 22:36 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather was an RIC officer, and I only had his name from his daughters wedding cert . There is a book which you can order from your local library called The Complete List of RIC Officers .. it gives  all the names and service numbers , which can then be ordered from the LDS . This also led me to my great grandmother  :)

Offline merseult

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 27 July 15 13:48 BST (UK) »
I've only just spotted this thread.  I am a great great great grandson of Catherine Lewis of Mullacash who is a sister of the William Lewis who erected the headstone in Two Mile House, Kildare, and an aunt of Charles Lewis the Oughterard policeman.  My Catherine married Peter Kennedy of Mullacash / Harristown Common Kildare and is buried about 10 meters from the Lewis grave.  According to my records, this elder Charles had 6 or possibly 7 siblings and his mother was Mary Mooney.  Charles' daughter Rose eventually inherited the Lewis land back in Kildare - I know her (Clarke) descendants and in fact they were my next door neighbours growing up.  Delighted to swap info if you post me. 
O'Brien O'Shea Humphreys Kevane Burke Cooley O'Sullivan Cahill Whittle Moran Dunne Moore Cahalane Kennedy Lewis

Offline turloch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 07 December 16 19:09 GMT (UK) »
The full postal address for Cornamona is via Claremorris which is in County Mayo. This could explain the reference to mayo for Charles. A Charles o Sullivan owned a property there beside Lowery's shop in the middle of the village

Offline Jax49

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 17 December 16 17:56 GMT (UK) »
i was lucky enough to visit the house a few years back. :)
Bradshaw Tyldesley/Worsley Lancs. RIMMER Liverpool/Birkenhead/Eccles Lancs. Dale Congleton.
Storey Kendal/Eccles. Ryan County Galway Ireland.
O'SULLIVAN Oughterard/ Cornamona County Galway, Ireland. Butler and Burke, Count Galway.  Cowburn Atherton, Manley Worsley. Durban (various spelling) Chilvers Coton Warwickshire. Phidiam/Fidium Worsley.