Author Topic: George Sharpe Newington or Deptford  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
George Sharpe Newington or Deptford
« on: Tuesday 15 March 11 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am trying to find a George Frederick Sharpe b 1831 Ireland and/or his wife Jane Amelia b 1839 Chatham after 1892. I cannot find them in the 1901 but neither can I find their deaths.
In 1892 they were at 82 Warwick Street, Deptford. They married that year at Newington, All Saints.
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Billsharpe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Sharpe Newington or Deptford
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 August 11 03:06 BST (UK) »
George Sharpe was my Great Great Grandfather - his name was actually George Fleury Sharpe but for some reason on the census he was shown as George Frederick Sharpe. He lived at J. Lewis cottages, Warwick Street, Deptford. He was a railway signalman born in Kilmore, County Antrim, N. Ireland. He died in 1899. George was the son of Robert Sharpe - a Tanner also from Kilmore.
In 1860 he married, Margaret Dobson in Gateshead. Margaret was a butchers daughter from Bedlington in Cumbria.
They had 5 Children:
1 Joseph Sharpe born 1865 in South Shields
2 Mary Sharpe born 1866 in Southwark London
3 George Sharpe born November 21 1869 in Deptford ( my Great Grandfather)
4 Robert Sharpe born 1873 Deptford
5 John Sharpe born 1876 Deptford.
Margaret died and George remarried - Amelia Jane Saunders on May 9th 1892.

Hope this helps - my email is * should you wish to contact me.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline mecole

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Sharpe Newington or Deptford
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 June 14 16:07 BST (UK) »
I was looking at a family tree for my grandfather George E Cole Sr, and it says the tree is owned by "fleurysharpe", would the owner be related to this thread?