Author Topic: Dickason  (Read 6658 times)

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dickason
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 24 January 13 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Velcro

William and Ann had Sophia baptised 8 Jan 1812 in Necton, a transcript for Necton baptisms from 1813 onwards can be found here
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tinstaafl/

You can also freely browse at your leisure Necton and many other Norfolk PRs here
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0sqm/

good luck
yokel

Offline gwd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 07 February 14 05:14 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to the wonderful but messy world of Dickason families.
I have many records from many sources - some of which has not been confirmed.
As noted the early researchers made many mistakes and the spelling of the name has been very mixed - even for the same person the spelling can be different on birth, marriage & death records before you try to find them on census records !
The links to Necton, Norfolk for some of us are proven and I have visited the church and 'pub' where my ancestor lived. Other families are linked to Cambridgeshire including Dickinson families in USA whose DNA has been matched to my cousins in England, South Africa & Argentina.
Velcro : looks like we are related but I am not sure if we have corresponded before - I do not remember that username. Since I am travelling at the moment I do not have my records with me but can ask my son to answer any questions you have.
Graeme Dickason

Offline velcro

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 07 February 14 08:37 GMT (UK) »
Dear Graeme
Lucky thing to be on the move atm.My connection with the Dickason family is Sarah Ann Dickason m. James Henry Price 3 Oct 1861 Hawthorn VIC. AUS.

I have gone back incomplete to George Dickason my 10grandfather, son George Dickason died 1701 Necton Norfolk  son George b. 1660-1727 place unknown m.Elizabeth Child date unknown 2nd marriage Elizabeth Hogden m. 1712 place unknown. 1660-1713.

Question: Matthew Dickason 1808 -1891 and Mary Clark.1815-1885. Are these their children?
May be grand children mixed in??
Are they?
Hannah,John, Sarah Ann,Mary Ann, Robert,Charlotte Robert,Harriet,Harriet,Louisa and Lydia.
B. dates between 1836-1860??