Author Topic: LUNGAN/McILVEIGH  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Ryan1

• RootsChat Member
  • Miss Winx
    • View Profile
LUNGAN/McILVEIGH
« on: Friday 07 March 14 06:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Looking for a marriage please for John Lungan and Mary McIlveigh around 1835's in or around Greenock

Also birth of daughter Catherine around 1835.

Any help gratefully received.  Many thanks.

Daniel.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: LUNGAN/McILVEIGH
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 March 14 07:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daniel ,

There is a Catherine Longen aged 17 with parents John(52) and Mary(54) on the 1851 Census transcription in Greenock( http://www.freecen.org.uk/ ).
Also a daughter Mary aged 31.
If that is the correct family it may indicate that John and Mary were married long before 1835 , unless it was a second marriage for John  :-\

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Ryan1

• RootsChat Member
  • Miss Winx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 March 14 03:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you ev for your help and for taking the time to reply.

Daniel.

Offline gocarlton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 04:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daniel,
Looking through your recent posts we seem to be chasing a few of the same people.

I have records of children born from the relationship of John and Mary starting in November 1819 registered at St Marys Greenock, so I assume the marriage took place around 1819 or shortly before. To date I have not been able to locate a birth record for Catherine or a wedding for John and Mary.

Note that Marys surname is spelt differently on almost every occasion so I have no idea what the correct spelling is, but in the earlier records I have its McElwee, Mucklewee, McIlwee etc, while John usually is Longan, Lurgan, Lungan, so maybe its a name variation issue that is stopping us locating it.

Regards