Author Topic: Electoral Rolls post 1965 Felixstowe and Ipswich 1972  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Connie Sparrow

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Electoral Rolls post 1965 Felixstowe and Ipswich 1972
« on: Saturday 27 September 14 16:58 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to the electoral rolls for Felixstowe after 1965 and Ipswich for 1972, please?  Are they available online at all?

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral Rolls post 1965 Felixstowe and Ipswich 1972
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 September 14 18:59 BST (UK) »
It's highly unlikely they are online unless an organisation other than Ancestry or FindMyPast has digitised them.

You haven't updated your profile so we don't know where in the world you are, but if you have access to the British Library at St Pancras, you could order them up from off-site storage and view them 48hours later.

If it's only one address your are interested in, Suffolk Archives might be able to help.

http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/sro

I know some record offices are willing to do one look-up without charge.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Connie Sparrow

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral Rolls post 1965 Felixstowe and Ipswich 1972
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 September 14 16:19 BST (UK) »
It's highly unlikely they are online unless an organisation other than Ancestry or FindMyPast has digitised them.

You haven't updated your profile so we don't know where in the world you are, but if you have access to the British Library at St Pancras, you could order them up from off-site storage and view them 48hours later.

If it's only one address your are interested in, Suffolk Archives might be able to help.

http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/sro

I know some record offices are willing to do one look-up without charge.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have easy access to the British Library but my daughter has offered me a trip to London in the New Year sometime.  I'll see if a visit can be fitted in.