Author Topic: Marriage help  (Read 4278 times)

Offline jen56johns

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Marriage help
« on: Friday 29 June 12 13:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm doing some research for a friend and my lack of knowledge when it comes to Ireland's geography is hampering me.

I'm trying to find the marriage of Patrick Lynch to Bridget Dunne.  I know one of their children was born in 1921.  He married in Drogheda in 1944 so I'm looking for his parents marriage in the same or a nearby county.

I have a full ancestry membership and have spent a lot of time trying to find a marriage match, but I think there must be a more efficient way of doing this.  Can anyone suggest what registration districts I should concentrate on or help me find this marriage?

Thanks and best wishes,

Jenni
Johns - Cornwall
McNerney - Manchester
Speakman - Manchester
Warman - Faringdon
Utting - Norfolk

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage help
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 June 12 13:41 BST (UK) »
Do you know what part of Co. Meath they lived or may have married ?

the registration districts which cover Co. Meath are :

Ardee, Celbridge, Drogheda, Dunshaughlin,
  Edenderry, Kells, Navan, Oldcastle, Trim 

some of these include parts of other counties, e.g. Drogheda includes areas of south east Co. Louth, Celbridge includes parts of Dublin and Kildare etc

p.s. the districts adjacent to Drogheda are Ardee, Navan, Dunshaughlin and Balrothery (North Co. Dublin).

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 June 12 14:12 BST (UK) »
There's a possible match in Balrothery District North Co. Dublin around the right time :

Name: Patrick Lynch
  Registration District: Balrothery
  Event Type:  Marriage
  Quarter and Year: Jul-Sep 1920
  Volume: 2 / Page : 411

with the same references - a Brigid Dunne

These two names appear on the same page, but may not have married each other.. also they are quite common names..  I'll check to see if there are any other possible matches.

Do you have any idea where in the family the child born in 1921 was ? (eldest, middle youngest...)

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline jen56johns

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 June 12 14:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks.  This is very helpful.  I don't know anything more than the info I gave you.  My friend's father couldn't remembr his grandparent's names and had to dig around to look them up.

There is a rumour there were "travellers" in the family so they might have married anywhere, but it's the only place I can start from!
Johns - Cornwall
McNerney - Manchester
Speakman - Manchester
Warman - Faringdon
Utting - Norfolk

Offline realmccoy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 October 13 22:23 BST (UK) »
There are a lot of Dunnes in the Balbriggan north Dublin area so maybe Balrothery would be a good place to start.