Author Topic: Where would she be buried?  (Read 3674 times)

Offline pckl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Where would she be buried?
« on: Thursday 01 July 10 01:12 BST (UK) »
My great-great grandmother, Agnes Leslie M.S Carroll died at Twechar, Dunbartonshire in 1943.

Does anyone have any idea where she would be buried? Her husband Charles, died in 1921 whilst they were living at Larkhall, Lanarkshire.

thanks ;)

pckl
LESLIE, McLEAN, CARROLL, RICHMOND, GALLIGAN, DUFFY, McCOMBS, ARCHIBALD, DYKES
STOREY, METCALF, MAVIN, KNOX, RENNER, HALL, STEEL, KEITH/McKEITH, MILLS, ROBINSON, BROWN, DAVISON, WIDDRINGTON, POTTS, JOHNSON
QUINNIN, RUDD, COYLE, BARRASS, SANDERSON, TURNBULL, GLOVER, CLEMENTSON, MAUGHAN, HUNTER, HEMPSEED, BRUCE/BREWIS
HARBERTSON, TAYLOR, SHARP, ERRINGTON, RIDDLE, HINDMARCH/HYMAS

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where would she be buried?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 July 10 10:36 BST (UK) »
I would think, Kilsyth or Kirkintilloch.  Have a look through http://www.memento-mori.co.uk/   Skoosh.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 July 10 13:58 BST (UK) »
Made a few enquiries, the Twechar Leslie's are buried in Kilsyth. A buddy of mine's granny was one!
Skoosh.

Offline pckl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 July 10 15:38 BST (UK) »
Ooooooh!

Woudl you be able to give me any other details. Who was your friend's grandma?

Thanks for enquiring!

pckl :D
STOREY, METCALF, MAVIN, KNOX, RENNER, HALL, STEEL, KEITH/McKEITH, MILLS, ROBINSON, BROWN, DAVISON, WIDDRINGTON, POTTS, JOHNSON
QUINNIN, RUDD, COYLE, BARRASS, SANDERSON, TURNBULL, GLOVER, CLEMENTSON, MAUGHAN, HUNTER, HEMPSEED, BRUCE/BREWIS

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 July 10 22:36 BST (UK) »
pckl,  just spoke to him tonight, he's off to the Gulf for three months! his great grannie married a James Riley, a Fifer. The Leslie's were as you say Irish, must be the same family. They lived in the "Raws" in Twechar and worked in the pit. The pit owner was probably Whitelaw (same lot as Maggie Thatcher's buddy, Willy!) of Gartshore.    wullie m

Offline pckl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 July 10 22:44 BST (UK) »
So what was his granny's name?

Yes you're right they lived in Barrhill Rows but that is basically all I know. My great-grandfather, Charles lived at McDonald Cresent at the time of his mother's (Agnes) death.

thanks

pckl

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 05 July 10 22:55 BST (UK) »
pckl,  for further info' he suggests you write to his mother, I can provide the address by PM.
Skoosh.

Offline Grannygreyhips2105

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 10 January 14 23:26 GMT (UK) »
My grandmother was also  a Leslie (maiden name) from Larkhall, moved to Barrhill Raws in Twechar. Had a brother Charles who lived in Rosewell and sisters Agnes (married a James Riley from Fife and lived in Twechar), Margaret lived in Twechar and Jean lived in Fife.  My great granny Leslie also lived in Twechar but I'm sure she passed away in the 1960s.....could there be a connection??  Sounds to me like it's the same family.

Please get in touch.

The mine owners name at was Baird.

Offline pckl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 11 January 14 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello!

Yes, I think there is definitely a connection. In my tree I have an Agnes Carroll Leslie marrying a James Reilly in Buckhaven, Fife in 1930.

Am I right in thinking your Great Granny Leslie was Margaret (nee Wood) who died in 1968, Fife? Her husband was my Great, Great Uncle Patrick Leslie.

Unfortunately we can't exchange e-mail addresses just yet, as site rules don't allow you to post it here, only in Private Message. However to Private Message you have to post at least 3 times on the boards.

Thank you for getting in touch. :D

Kind regards, pckl