Author Topic: Teapot Query  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Felin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Teapot Query
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 February 09 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Mim  Thanks I did know but not through excessive research, but my Grandmother had almost every family fact written in her family bible.
It has been a dream doing this side of the family - not so with my Jones relatives.
Ralph

Offline NigelCoates

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 March 14 15:34 GMT (UK) »
I have a potential entry in my tree of the John Coates + Mary Parkin 1777 marriage. There's a John Coates born approximately 1780 married c1816 who is my GGGGrandfather. Still hoping to confirm the link in my site

Offline Felin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 March 14 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Nigel I was pleased to find out that John Coates married Mary Parkin the same day as her brother Christopher Parkin married Elizabeth Mayor (my GGGG grandparents) and the web site referred to on page 1 of this query has been of great help in my family research, I hope it helps you with your research, as I have no other information on John Coates.
Felin.

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 28 November 14 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Felin

I have been reading this thread with great interest and wondered if you had any information regarding the parents of Elizabeth Mayor as I think she may have been the sister of my ggggg grandmother Ann Mayor.

I can see baptisms on FS in Hamsterley for Elizabeth Mair in 1737 and Ann Mair, father William Mair. In Boyd's marriages there is a marriage of William Maire to Jane Lawson in 1722(he seems to have been transcribed as William Main in Genuki). There is an entry in the national burial index for William Mayer in Hamsterley  20/3/1750 b c 1688 and in the Cleveland MIs one transcribed as William Maer, 1688 -1750. I have found a probate bond from 1751 for a William Maine on the NE Inheritance database but his relict signs herself as Jane Mayor on the actual document. There is also a probate bond from 1716 for a John Maire, one of the signatures being William  Mayer.

Ann Mayor, I believe, married John Hardy in 1755. He became a coal owner. I suspect his original partner was Christopher Parkin. The company ran Crakescar colliery and subsequently became Hardy, Kendall and Hodgson. Christopher Parkin left a will but I have only been able to locate the attached bond on FS. John Hardy (1811) and his son William (1817) both left a will. William's son John, I believe' married Jane Parkin, the daughter of Alice Parkin. Alice's sister Jane married Jonathan Kendal. Her will, written in 1831 but not proved until 1839, would make interesting reading, if you have not already seen it, as would that of her husband. The provisions of these wills certainly suggest that the Kendall interest in the colliery was through Jane.

Hope I have not rambled too much.

Regards

William

Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Felin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 28 November 14 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for your interesting post re Elizabeth Mayor. Unfortunately, I have not researched her side of my family other than her birth in 1737 and her death 12/5/1820. I am related to Edward Hodgson who married their daughter Alice Parkin (my Mother was Alice Hodgson Begent).
I note that Alice Parkin's Sister Jane Parkin married Johnathon Kendall, and I have a note on my Grandmother's Bible saying he was a cabinet maker from Kendall.
Unknown to me the old teapot was sold by my Brother and therefore is no longer in my family's ownership.such a shame.
Thank you for your informative entry.