Author Topic: BUREAU  (Read 20272 times)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BUREAU
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 January 10 15:25 GMT (UK) »
The 1881 Census has the Stroud family living at 12 Crichton St. The head of family, George Stroud, is described as "Mate Breaksea Light Ship". Might your Charles have been on this partricular lightship?
The Breaksea came into service off Cardiff/Barry 1866.

On a separate thread you have posted a question about 12 Crichton St.
In 1881 it was occupied by one family + boarder.
In 1891 and 1901 it was occupied by 2 separate families.   

Offline Bureau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 March 11 08:09 GMT (UK) »
I noticed "andipandi" is looking for their great grandfather Charles Abraham Bureau. Charles is also my great grandfather, I am the daughter of Raymond Bureau, Raymond is the son of Tommy Bureau, the last born son of Charles and Margaret Bureau. I have details of all Charles and Margaret's children, Charles born 1889, Beatrice born 1889, Frances born 1892, William born 1894, Benjamin born 1896, Margaret born 1898 and Tommy born 1900.  According to my grandfather, some of his siblings moved overseas, possibly America.  Before their marriage, it seems Margaret worked as a servant/nanny for the Williams family at 22 Whitcombe St., Aberdare which was a type of sports club.  I cannot find anything more re Charles' parents or why he moved from Kent to Wales. I have no details regarding him being a type of sailor.  The census details his occupation as general labourer, then later as a below ground colliery worker.  Charles died in 1904 and Margaret married again in about 1910 but I don't know to whom. I am keen to find out more regarding Charles' parents.
Bureau, Charles Abraham,  c1854
Griffiths, Margaret, c1864
Bureau, Tommy, born 1900
Melton, Ethel, born 1901
Bowers, Alfred,
Bowers, Marion
Taylor, Marion

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone got that birth cert as in reply #4?

There will not be any progress, I think, till that is seen
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bureau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 March 11 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks lidb

My great grandfather is definitely the one born Sheerness as shown on the 1891 and 1901 census.  The 1901 includes all his children, including my grandfather, Tommy.  I may have traced my GG grandfather and my GGG grandfather, thanks to enormous help from this website.

I now would like to trace the female side of the family so I will be begging for help again soon!

Bureau
Bureau, Tommy, born 1900
Melton, Ethel, born 1901
Bowers, Alfred,
Bowers, Marion
Taylor, Marion

Offline alig48

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi this is a long shot due to time of the last post but I am also looking into the Bureau family tree. My great grandfather was also Charles bureau and after receiving his marriage certificate i now know his father was Jeremiah bureau. I can't seem to go any further in the family tree and I am well and truly stuck. Any help would be great
Thank you

Offline alig48

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi this is a long shot due to time of the last post but I am also looking into the Bureau family tree. My great grandfather was also Charles bureau and after receiving his marriage certificate i now know his father was Jeremiah bureau. I can't seem to go any further in the family tree and I am well and truly stuck. Any help would be great
Thank you

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 27 March 14 07:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello there Alig and welcome to Rootschat.

Bureau hasn't been online since Dec 2012 ,but as long as she hasn't changed her email address,will be notified of replies to this thread and hopefully will come back on and reply.
Andipandi hasn't been online since April 2011 either.

If you want to start your own thread to see if any of us can help you please do so.
Find either the beginners page or the one relevant to the area that they came from and post it there.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bureau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 28 March 14 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you
Bureau, Tommy, born 1900
Melton, Ethel, born 1901
Bowers, Alfred,
Bowers, Marion
Taylor, Marion

Offline Bureau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 28 March 14 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am still registered and haven't changed my email address.

I would be happy to help any way I can, however I have drawn a blank with my great-grandfather's parents.  Perhaps you could communicate with me directly and I can send you what I have so far.  The main problem is that there are so many Bureau's with the same name.  My email is sprog@gmail.co.za and I look forward to hearing from you and who are your parents, grandparents etc.
Bureau, Tommy, born 1900
Melton, Ethel, born 1901
Bowers, Alfred,
Bowers, Marion
Taylor, Marion