Author Topic: Premnay graveyard  (Read 20545 times)

Offline New Zealander

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Premnay graveyard
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 16:50 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for your tim much apprciatd.

Alex G :)
Glasgow .. Glennie/Bryce, Aberdeenshire .. Glennie/ Grassick,
Clackmannanshire .. Bryce/Miller
Arbroath .. Spink
Oxfordshire .. Green
Cornwall .. Vincent

Ireland (Cobh) .. Sullivan

New Zealand .. Glennie/Bryce/Grassick/Spink/Palmer

Chatham Islands .. Rewai

Australia .. Glennie/Ross/Lusk

Offline melsimba66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 September 13 04:40 BST (UK) »
Hello

The Tough names in the Premnay grave yard could very well be my ancestors who were there before 1700 , Their names would have been George, William , John , or Alexander . Are there any dates on the tombstones ?

Thank you Melanie

Offline janicejo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 26 September 13 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hi could I get. Premnay look up for Alexander Ledingham,  died mid 1800s, his wife Elspet,  and anyone else named Ledingham died before 1900, if theres not too many?

Offline janicejo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 21 October 13 16:20 BST (UK) »
I don't need this look up anymore, as I found the headstone for Elspet and Alexander Ledingham in Leslie!  I was using the shotgun approach, just looking for Ledinghams all over Aberdeen to see if I could find patterns. (FYI-I'm a nerd).  Their headstone had their death dates, and as Elspet died in 1871, I was able to get her death record, and get her parent's names: Alexander Ledingham and Ann Leslie.  Which is really cool for me as that's my middle name!! Also my dad's,  so glad that my family kept up Scottish family naming patterns. Well know I get to explore my Leslie line.:)

Offline AA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 20 June 14 09:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Mee Too,
You seem to be very helpful with Premnay graveyard names. My Great Great Grandmother Elizabeth Galashon was born in Premnay and I am having trouble finding info about her and her family. Maybe her parents are buried in the Premnay cemetery. I would appreciate any help. Her father was Robert Galashon and her mother was Catherine Galashon (born Robertson) I don't want to bother you so If this is too much trouble I understand.
Thanks from AA

Offline smidget

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 01 March 15 03:04 GMT (UK) »
I also have ancestors buried in the Premnay churchyard. I live in Canada but on a trip to Scotland, I went to the history centre in Aberdeen and got what I thought was a copy of the burials. I was specifically looking for my 3x great grandparents James Milne b. 1817 d. 1890, his wife Ann Ingram b. 1819 d. 1888, Robert Galashan b. 1803 d. 1868 & his wife Kathrine Paterson b. 1803 d. 1882.
I had the list photocopied and then drove to Premnay. With help from local people, one of which was living in the house called Dykenook where James Milne was born in 1817, I found the cemetery a mile or so east of Premnay. I was really disappointed to find out that the wrong cemetery had been photocopied and despite walking around the Premnay cemetery for about 2 hours, I couldn't find my great grandparent's gravesites.
My Milne & Watt ancestors lived in Dykenook which is less than a mile North of Premnay/Auchleven so I'm assuming that this is the right cemetery. Could there be another one in the vicinity that I should have checked?
Any advice or help is appreciated
Thanks
Janet

Offline AA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 02 March 15 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janet, 
            I have found out some more info about Robert (born 1803) and Catherine Galashan (born Robertson, born 1803) since my last entry. Robert died in Towmill Croft, Premnay, Aberdeen, Scotland on the 18th August 1868. I'm unsure which cemetery he is buried in. Catherine died in Brinoyhill, Premnay, Aberdeen, Scotland on the12 June 1882. On her death certificate a whitness was her son George Galashan from Moss End, Alford. Also unsure which cemetery she is buried in. It is very unfortunate that you could'nt find your ancestors at the cemetery. I know how hard that can be. Here's to more research! From AA.

Offline smidget

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 00:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi AA,
Those are the same Robert & Catherine that are my 3X great grandparents. I have both Robert & Catherine's death registrations from Scotland's People and it lists her parents names as William Paterson & Elspet Ronald.
Maybe her son didn't know her maiden name when the registration was filled out? Where did you get the maiden name Robertson for Catherine?
I also have the marriage registration for Robert & Catherine but it spells her name as Kathrine. I haven't found her birth registration.
My gg grandmother was their daughter Jean/Jane who married James Milne. I guess that makes us cousins of a sort  :)
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to attach the registrations on here but if so, I can do that or send them by email.
Janet

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Please contact AA by Private Message (pm) if you wish to exchange emails. It is against rootschat policy to reveal email addresses & full certificates are not allowed to be shown either. For more information on this please read the advice in the Help topics.
Thank you.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.