Author Topic: Nelligan's from Dingle  (Read 3773 times)

Offline ceeceedon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nelligan's from Dingle
« on: Tuesday 07 May 13 13:34 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find Birth records or anything really for my GGrandmothers family. What I have is mainly from my GGGrandfather's Marriage record from Frampton, Quebec. It states that his parents were John Nelligan and Bridget Murphy from Dingle Kerry. I have found a few other sibling as well which are listed below. All that I have ended up in Quebec, Canada.

Maurice born about 1810 - my GGGrandfather married in Quebec
James born  Sep 12, 1804 - he became a priest in Quebec
Bridget born about 1803 - she married Patrick Delaney in Dingle on Feb 26, 1822
                                    - this I found on the irishgenealogy site
Michael - not sure when he was born
           - his wife was Mary Black
Patrick - married Bridget Herlihy in Dingle on Jun 26, 1822
           - again from the irishgenealogy site
           - I am just presuming he is related only because of the other names listed in baptism
             records in Quebec.

Any possible help will be greatly appreciated

Cindy

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Nelligan's from Dingle
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 13:41 BST (UK) »
Baptism records for the RC parish of Dingle go back to the early 1820s, so you will probably not be able to locate anything definite on Maurice or the earlier Nelligan siblings.

The best place to search for RC and CofI parish records for Co. Kerry is the IrishGenealogy website that you mentioned.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 13:52 BST (UK) »
The Bridget Nelligan you mentioned appears to be resident of the village of Lispole, which is about 8km east of the town of Dingle. There's also a record of the marriage of a Maurice Nelligan of the same townland on the same day.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 August 13 21:31 BST (UK) »
My daughters ancestor is a Maurice Neligan who married Margaret Sullivan in 1851, Tralee. I have no more info on him except that he was a stonemaker and had 6 children. Would love to know if there's a connection.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).