Author Topic: Lost LANGDON  (Read 13277 times)

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Lost LANGDON
« on: Monday 26 October 09 08:16 GMT (UK) »

:( :(

Seeking help with my John LANGDON bc 1826 Somerset England..have no idea who his parents were, when he went to Australia..but do have that he married in Australia in 1847 and from his daughters birth/c 1857 [ Aust ] it states that he was from Somerset..have found a number of John's on the 1841 census..but not knowing more on him at all...can't pin point to one.
Has anyone lost a John LANGDON..or have a John LANGDON that went to Aust.

Many thanks
Yonks Ago ::) ::)
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline compo

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lost LANGDON
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 February 10 12:19 GMT (UK) »
i am currently helping my wife with her family tree her maiden name being langdon and her langdon family were from somerset we shall keep an eye out on her langdons to see if we have "lost" a john

regards

compo
looking for haram,judson,rispin,horsfield,carling,moore,dodson,anderson,appleby,morton,IN EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE ,haram,cessford,tapson,macluachlan,rispin,judson,prime,ogilvie,green,turnbull,walker,slowther,sim,hoy,brian,IN TYNE AND WEAR AND ASHINGTON AND MORPETH

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 February 10 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Compo,

Many thanks....... :D :D need all the help that I can get
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 February 10 15:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello Yonks Ago,

Is it possible you can obtain a marriage certifictae for him in Australia? I am not sure of the registration system there.

There is a site called Freereg which has baptisms, marriages and burials taken from the Parish Registers. The coverage for Somerset is quite good and you might like to search this to see for yourself.

http://www.freereg.org.uk

I did a search for baptisms of Langdon 1820, plus, or minus 10 years in Somerset and got 168 hits. A number of Johns, so you will need something more to go on. There are 6 on there born within 2 years of 1826.

Jo

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 February 10 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Jo,
Thank you for that, I have the marriage but it is very a basic type document and gives very little. I too have found a number of baps  for Johns. If only I could find his death I think I'd be able to move on this family.
Again thank you,
Yonks
Ago

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 February 10 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Yonks Ago,

It is a bit like the proverbial needle in the haystack!

One way of looking at this might be to try and see Langdon families with similar names to the children of John who emigrated. What were the names of his children? It is not scientific but sometimes can give clues as to the original family of the person concerned.

What details are on the marriage certificate?

I have looked at the Passenger lists online but though there are some John Langdon names in them, nothing that looks a possible match.

Jo.

Jo.

Offline abc123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 04:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi we looking for him too!!! Also stuck! Wonder if there is a more detailed marr record - any thoughts?? You have death cert - we dont details? What line you following - we following William (John's son) born Oct 1883
abc123

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 04:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Can you tell me a little more on your connection! who you belong too ect
Thanks
Yonks Ago

Offline abc123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 04:56 GMT (UK) »
John Langdon m Elizabeth Nichol on 10 Aug 1847
 - son John Nichol Langdon m Louisa Smith on 11 Dec 1876
- son William b 1883 is grandfather to us.
Does this match?