Author Topic: Who was David Isaacs?  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Who was David Isaacs?
« on: Sunday 02 February 14 22:34 GMT (UK) »
Precious little I know about this man but would like to find out more.

All I have is his name on a birth certificate as the father of Henry David Isaacs born 22 Nov 1920.
Fathers occupation commercial traveller add 15 Kingston Rd Bath. 
Mother is given as Thirza Charlotte Isaacs formerly Hinchliffe same address.

However I don't believe these two were ever married as she marries in 1925 as a spinster (as Queenie Hinchliffe) in Wiltshire where she was born in 1893.

There was family knowledge of a son Henry but assumed it was from her marriage in 1925 (to Henry Vizor) 
I only found out about Henry David Isaacs when I found someone of that name was buried in the same plot as her and wondered who he was.

Any leads would be much appreciated.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Who was David Isaacs?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 March 14 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Mother is given as Thirza Charlotte Isaacs formerly Hinchliffe .....

Who registered the birth?  If the mother, should she not have signed 'Thurza'?
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 March 14 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Does the spelling make a difference  ???

Informant was T C Isaacs mother.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 March 14 03:08 GMT (UK) »
Does the spelling make a difference  ???

Only inasmuch as it made me wonder if someone else had registered the birth on her behalf.  Within 5 years she was accepted back home as 'Queenie' ISAACS, and I assume that she or her son made provision for a double burial in her grave, as it seems likely Henry VIZOR might have been buried in the grave of a former wife?

I have encountered several marriages where one partner reverted to a single status in order to conceal former marriages, in the absence of evidence to prove their eligibility for subsequent re-marriage.  In one remarkable case a groom re-married bigamously as a bachelor twice in England during the life of his first wife, who outlived him as a nonagenarian in her native Scotland .....
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 March 14 07:39 GMT (UK) »
Right I see thanks.

The thing is she never had a previous marriage (to Isaacs or anyone else) far as I can see. 
As I perceive it they just pretended they were married on the childs birth certificate. 

Rather decent of the father I thought not to have scarpered and let the baby be registered in mothers name only.....unless he had scarpered and she did all that on her own?   

The name Isaacs was completely unknown till I found the name buried with her.  I'll check what burial records I have to see exactly who was in with whom.

Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 March 14 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Found the records and 4 people buried in the plot.

Henry Vizor , Wife number 2 "Queenie", her son Henry Isaacs and Ada Peters (Vizor) the earliest death of the 4 a married daughter from his first marriage.  Quite a mixture.
Pick - Frocester Glos