Author Topic: Anderson Y-DNA Aberdeen  (Read 2927 times)

Offline ScotRayAnderson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anderson Y-DNA Aberdeen
« on: Thursday 11 September 14 02:34 BST (UK) »
I am interested in contacting any direct Anderson Male descendants whom have done Y-DNA testing in Scotland but mostly my interest is in the Logie-Mar, Logie-Coldstone and Strathdon areas which would also include Tarland and Milgive, Aberdeenshire Scotland.

I am a believed descendant of 'Scot" Robert Anderson  who was transported to the Colonies in America in 1716 after being captured in the 1715 Jacobite Uprising.  During capture Robert Andeson stated he was from Logie-Mar.  He has a believed brother Charles Anderson also  captured stating he was from Logie.

For our Andersons Clan Y-DNA it is for only Anderson male direct descendants.
Y-DNA is only passed from and to the Male direct descendants. So only a direct Anderson male descendant can be successfully tested and matched with Y-DNA test. I have taken the Family Tree DNA Y-DNA 67 marker test with the result of R-CTS11722 (L1335 Pictish). I have also just completed the ScotlandDNA (based in Britain) Chromo 2 Y-DNA test. results: YDNA Haplogroup is R1b-S530 “Pictish” my subtype is R1b-S695.

If you are a Anderson male whom descends from  these areas and have done DNA testing or you are interested in DNA for Anderson conformation genealogy please contact me.

Very Respectfully
Ray Anderson

Offline JunoH

• RootsChat Extra
  • William James Hiddleston Wilson
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson Y-DNA Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray

I know its years since you posted this, but I have an article about a Logie Coldstone Anderson, published in from 1904, that might be of interest to you. It refers to events that took place in the 1700s around Logie Coldstone area.

If it would be of interest to you (it's too large to paste into one message) , please get in touch and I will email it to you, or to anyone else related to any Anderson, Duguid, Gordon or Farquharson families from the Logie Coldstone area.

June
Wilson, Hiddleston, Shankland, McCall, Dickson, Carruthers, Grierson: Dumfriesshire.
Duguid, Strachan, Kellas, Mitchell: Glenmuick / Aboyne / Bellabeg / Logie Coldstone / Peterhead.