Author Topic: Help with identifying cap badge  (Read 1588 times)

Offline bugle boy

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • live and let live
    • View Profile
Re: Help with identifying cap badge
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 24 October 13 15:33 BST (UK) »
I tend to agree with scrimnet that they are all RAMC, but nearly  all of them have an expression of sadness about them,I have seen 100s of pictures of young raw recruits,and in lots of them they would have that "Devil May Care Look" dont see any signs of that in this picture,but it could be that it's a last picture before going to France,and Im sure if that's the case,then they know what's ahead of them.
Adams,McKittrick. Co Down. N Ireland.

Offline Mcnabb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with identifying cap badge
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 August 14 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I am sorry that I am gate crashing this post, I have been reading your posts LincsJen and read that your grandfather attended Bracebridge hospital. My grandmother also attended from 1934-45 so they might have been in the same vicinity.
My elderly father is looking for some information on his mother- he never met her and I am desperate for a photograph or any tiny bit of info about her. Unfortunately the records are unavailable till 2046 so I have come to a bit of a standstill... This is why I was so interested in your post (but couldn't reply as it kept saying error- sorry) I was wondering if you have any pics of your grandfather in the hospital or have found any links that may help me.
Thank you so much for your time.
Julia
Jesm88@hotmail.com