Author Topic: Mia Mia (Victoria) book launch  (Read 697 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Mia Mia (Victoria) book launch
« on: Saturday 22 November 14 23:34 GMT (UK) »
The launch of a new district history book titled "Mia Mia, The Place and its People" is on Sunday 30th, alongside the The Mia Mia Muster at the Recreation Reserve in Westblade Road on Saturday 29th and on Sunday 30th.

Founding families  families of Mia Mia, including the COUGHLAN, MADDEN, WESTBLADE, DWYER, and LINKLATER families that ran the hotel and/or post office from 1848 to 1970, will be attending the launch. Family names that appear in many places in the book include Andrew, Bennett, Campbell, Coombe, Cullen, Daniel, Dempster, Duigan, Ferguson, Hamilton, Hill, Hyslop, Knight, Marshall, McDonald, Monro, Pigdon, Pohlman, Ross, and Turner.
The book can be purchased online at www.trybooking.com/110165, and will also be on sale at the Muster on Sunday 30th November from 1PM to 3PM. It can be purchased at Aesop’s' Attic bookshop in Kyneton and at the Heathcote and Bendigo Visitor Information Centres by 1st December.

I am not involved in the organisation of the book or the launch, so I hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes by mentioning it on Rootschat. 

The contact person for the Mia Mia community group is
Kate HICKS 0419 525 101
miamiasocialATgmail.com

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk