Author Topic: Conrad Walter BERGMAN  (Read 7525 times)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: A repeat favour please Spades :-)
« Reply #18 on: Monday 09 June 14 11:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks Beg.

There's no problem finding the family as you said. The problem is when the addresses in the books are not in order and Carl Johan is a very large parish.

Anyway I have managed to find the family in the books. Conrad was listed in 1889 but not 1900. So I assume he left around 1900. I just need to find them in the books in between.

I can add that Josef's wife died and he remarried: Tilda Sofia Hansson.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 09:04 BST (UK) »
After a little digging I managed to find the missing link. Conrad went to Africa on 20 Aug 1895. I noticed that a Karl Fredrik Andren also went to Africa on the same date, he was a sailor.

I will wait for the names of his parents to prove this is the right man.

Ian

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 10:39 BST (UK) »
Quote from: jamcat95
After a little digging...

I guarantee that's an understatement :)

Thanks for taking the time.

Really curious about the record that mentioned Africa. How did you find that :-)

All the best
Beg

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 11:16 BST (UK) »
I will wait for the names of his parents to prove this is the right man.

..... and I just noticed the following on the original thread. The info is from Conrad's NZ marriage certificate...

Quote from: Mahairy
Conrad's parents are Joseph and Mary (nee Hagons) - he was born in Gothenberg (Göteborg) as we knew. So the other family Ian found doesn't seem to be the one.

I'm still inclined to think it's the right family as too many of the other details are spot on.

So far the only things slightly off are Conrad's middle name ("Walentin" instead of "Walter") and Conrad calling his mother "Mary" instead of "Johanna Maria".

What do you think?

-----

Is there any chance you can find a marriage for Conrad's sister "Ellen Maria Gudiva b.1882"

Might help clear up if this is the right family as Mahairy is in touch with a relative in Sweden who has an Elin as a grandmother.

Regards
Beg

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 11:36 BST (UK) »

Conrad's parents are Joseph and Mary (nee Hagons) - he was born in Gothenberg (Göteborg) as we knew. So the other family Ian found doesn't seem to be the one.

Now we know the parents names. Looking at the name "Hagons" suggests a very twisted form of "Håkans", her name being Håkansdotter. The way it was pronounced probably sounded like Hagons.
The name Håkans is pronounced in Swedish as "Hawkans".

I do think that this is the right family too. I will check up the marriage a wee bit later on.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 11:41 BST (UK) »

Really curious about the record that mentioned Africa. How did you find that :-)

Digging is fun.
I had a few addresses to go on and found an index with these addresses and got lucky just.

Anyway, here is the image of the record showing Conrad moving out of the parish to Africa.

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 11:51 BST (UK) »
Looking at the name "Hagons" suggests a very twisted form of "Håkans",

That's what I think too.

I can imagine the scene of a Swede knowing little english talking to a kiwi who knows nothing of Sweden...

"Håkans...dotter"

"So she was Mr Hagons daughter, right mate?"

"Ja"

:)

--

Nice find with the Moving Out record. Shame it couldn't have a bit more detail than just "Afrika" :-)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 11:53 BST (UK) »

Nice find with the Moving Out record

Cheers!

I would love to hear a conversation between 2 such people. Good fun to listen to them. Haha.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 12:50 BST (UK) »

Is there any chance you can find a marriage for Conrad's sister "Ellen Maria Gudiva b.1882"

Might help clear up if this is the right family as Mahairy is in touch with a relative in Sweden who has an Elin as a grandmother.

I have found her marriage record. She moved around a lot. There are no parents names listed. What would you like to know?

Ian