Author Topic: William Wilson  (Read 19802 times)

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Wilson
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 October 09 19:33 GMT (UK) »
I'm a life member of the A&NESFHS & seem to recall that the shop library had copies of Archie Strath Maxwell's transcriptions of Old Deer Episcopal Church records. I too had given up hope of finding an ancestor but many years later I found his illegitimate birth recorded there! Did you search those records? The headquarters of Aberdeenshire Library in Old Meldrum has copies of all his works.The Local Studies department will do a lookup service & the first half hour is free.Failing that you should be able to request a copy of the book to be forwarded to your local library for loan.
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline mccubbin

• RootsChat Member
  • Richard Low
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 October 09 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I also have an other family that was born at Backhill of Clackriach and Mains of Clackriach, they are George Minty and his wife Jane Mackie Penny they had their 12 children, 10 where born at Clackriach from 1878-1899.
It must of been some place this Clackriach ;).
McCubbin
McCubbin-Wigtownshire
Gilmour-Glasserton,Stirling,Edinburgh
Thomson- Midlothian
Low-Aberdeen
Wilson-Aberdeenshire
Souness-East Lothian
Bathgate-Edinburgh
Kennedy-Stirling
Stewart's-Perthshire

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 29 October 09 21:59 GMT (UK) »
It still is! Ha,Ha.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 08 November 09 11:15 GMT (UK) »
I have found this,which mentions John & Jane Davidson;
"Mr.John Davidson and his sister,Jane,were so highly thought of in the district that there is a marble tablet within the Church of Deer,Old Deer,inscribed - In loving remembrance of John Davidson,Mains of Clackriach,died 9th february,1900,aged 82. For 35 years an esteemed elder in the parish of Deer. And his sister,Jane,died 14thFebruary,1900,aged 72. Of singular piety,Full of faith and good works. "They were lovely and pleasant in their lives,and in their death they were not divided"

Source;Epitaphs and Inscriptions,John A.Henderson,1907,Aberdeen.

flst

Offline lynnehadley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 11 January 10 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Interesting discussion!  I am researching the descendants of William Finnie & Ann Boyd, who married in Ardrossan in 1745.  This was William's second marriage, he having married Mary Wilson in Largs in 1736.  But it was the post about William Finnie & Ann Wyllie that caught my eye in this discussion, as I have a John Finnie married to Ann Wyllie in my tree:

John Finnie (a.16 Jul 1775-Kilmarnock,Ayrshire)
sp: Ann Wyllie
Ann Finnie (b.9 Apr 1816-Kilmarnock,Ayrshire)
Jean Andrew Finnie (b.17 Apr 1822-Kilmarnock,Ayrshire)
 John William Finnie (b.14 Aug 1832-Kilmarnock,Ayrshire)
William Hamilton Finnie (b.28 Sep 1836-Kilmarnock,Ayrshire)

I also only just found out that my William Finnies family moved to Kilmarnock from Largs, more specifically, from a place called Constablewood which I believe was a farm owned by the Finnie family in that parish.  We had always assumed that William was born c.1720=25 in Kilmarnock, but it now seems as though he was born earlier (I suspect c.1712).  It also seems that the more I uncover, the more mysteries appear in the tree!
Cheers, Lynne.

Offline Fizzy1966

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 18 April 14 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am researching my family and I think there is a link between the family that Robert Wilson was in and mine. I do not think it is a blood connection. Eliza Calder was my great Granny and I think she lived with Robert and his family - check census 1891.... Mary Fraser is 5 and Eliza is 4. Eliza goes on to marry Frederick Simpson and Mary Fraser is a witness!!! This excites me so much.. Do you know anything of the Connection?

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 19 April 14 08:19 BST (UK) »
flst, do you have any idea where your Ann Wyllie came from?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 19 April 14 19:45 BST (UK) »
Not really, the couple were "both in this parish" when they married in Old Deer, on July 10th 1774. There was a burial of a George Wyllie, who died in Hythie, recorded & I did wonder if he could've been Ann's father. The Finnies lived in Hythie as well.  I have not found a birth/baptism for Ann. 
flst