Author Topic: US Marines  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Pughy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
US Marines
« on: Thursday 02 February 12 14:22 GMT (UK) »
HI All
I have a William F Boyle Jnr born abt 1927 who according to the 1945 City Directory for Bloomfied New Jersey was in the US Marines he was residing at that time at 344 Berkeley Avenue Bloomfield.
Is there any possibility of finding out anything about his time in the Marines.
Kind Regards
Pughy

Offline BlessedBe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: US Marines
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 February 12 17:29 GMT (UK) »
There is a William F Boyle who appears in Ancestry's U.S. WWII Navy Muster Rolls, 1938 thru to 1949.

It reads:-

William F Boyle (6146919) - F/Sgt USA - Ship Antaeus - Ship Number or Designation 21 -Transportation to the US - Muster Date 29th April 1943.

Don't know if this is your guy but this is the first entry that may be relevant. There are also quite a number of other military entries re this name (to many to relate). May be worth your further investiation or subscribing to Ancestry to include the US. Hope this helps......& Rgds.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 February 12 17:41 GMT (UK) »
As far as I know, the Navy & Marines are separate, so I wouldn't expect to see him in any Navy records. 

There is information about ordering military records here:  http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html

Do you have a death date for him?

Offline BlessedBe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 February 12 17:51 GMT (UK) »
That being the case the only William F Boyle - MARINE that appears so far (Ancestry) is dated 1826 & therefore too early for you Pughy......& Rgds.