Author Topic: Harkin/McCallion marriage please  (Read 62197 times)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
Re: Harkin/McCallion marriage please
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 14 July 13 22:12 BST (UK) »
On my previous post I failed to put the location of James address on his baptism because I thought it was a misspelling thinking it was Carndonagh ! , this is how it is spelt Carnadagh is there such a place ?
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 20:21 BST (UK) »
The address I think should read Carndoagh a little help from my friends Clonmany Genealogy
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline Fivemics

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McLaughlin/McCallion Moville/Carndonagh
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 23:10 BST (UK) »
Has anyone come across information about Michael McCallion (1861) and Annie McLaughlin (1862)? Michael's parents: Michael McCallion(abt 1840) and Biddy McGonigle or McGonagle (abt 1840).  Annie's parents James McLaughlin and Hash Canning (both abt 1840)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 26 June 14 19:39 BST (UK) »
I should have put this on a long time ago while searching for Michael Harkin, heading to the  USA .
Jan 20 1910 ship California
Michael Harkin  aged 18 born Clonmany, father James Harkin  Glebe Clonmany, final address Boston travelling to see cousin Daniel Reddy (Ruddy) ? 212 A##erville Boston, Michael died riding the trains burial place still not known exactly
                                                 Little Annie

Offline mag mcdaid canny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am wondering about the significance of the nickname 'Fizz' McCallions? Any help much appreciated. Thanks
McDaid - Cruickglass, QP , Inishowen . Co Donegal
McCallion -  Glackmore, Muff, Inishowen
McConway - Lemacrossan, Moville, Inishowen
McLaughlin - Bredagh  Glen , Moville, Inishowen
Canny - Dunaff, Clonmany, Inishowen
Friel- Terchun, Clonmany, Inishowen
Toland - Dunaff, Clonmany but formerly Derry.
Doherty - Dunaff, Clonmany Inishowen

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Sunday 16 October 16 21:06 BST (UK) »
Just wondering!  Found a record on the tithe applotments of 1831 meendacalliagh of John and Philip Mccallion are they connected?  To my Michael McCallion ie father.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 21:47 BST (UK) »
Where is Michael in 1901/1911 census!!  He is not at the family home etc. I have a Michael age 9 at house 7 carrowmore (glentogher) as nephew But as a son in 1911? But a Michael is aged 18 as nephew in moneydarragh? 
                                                                                                                                             Little annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Sunday 12 March 17 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Just seen this Bridget potts Mclaughlin married a Bernard Fullerton 1897!! Had several children Michae,l Mary, Bernard, Ellen, Catherine, Niell and Charles.
                                                                           Little Annie

Online 0_0

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Monday 07 May 18 10:25 BST (UK) »
I’m sure this is not helpful but, my grandmother born about 1892ish was called Sarah Harkin. My mom told me that information. She  :-\ :-\told me lots but I was young and stupid. 40 years later I now wish I remembered or wrote everything down.
Anyway, my Sarah Harkin went to Canada (no idea when) but married before or after, my grandfather John Hughes (who was a twin) and they had two children James and Mary (my mom). Not that interesting I can hear you say, however they had a relation, that my mom called Aunt Cassie. Married name Dixon. Cassie lived in America and persuaded my grandfather to cross the boarder into the USA and they became bootleggers. Cassie was heavly involved in this. He was in and out of clink as my mom called it, and she and her brother was in and out of children’s homes. In 1932  :-\The family, that now had another daughter called Cecelia (American citizen) all got deported back to ireland.  This is obviously not much without paperwork, but if they were related, it might give you some clues